I'm one of those weird people who is not ready to leave the hospital when it's time to go. There's just something reassuring to me about having the nurses there to help, whether it be to take the baby to the nursery at night in between feedings, nursing advice, etc. Our night nurses were my favorites and were so helpful. Also, I liked it being just John, Sallie Cate and me. It was almost like a mini vacation and I didn't want it to end. :) John is a great husband and father, but he is especially helpful and doting when I'm in the hospital. The only thing that made me slightly ready to go home was Curran- she had a hard time leaving the hospital each night and it was hard for me to see her upset.
Our stay was pretty uneventful {thank goodness}, except I got pretty flustered Tuesday afternoon. SC had been feeding great up until that point, but then all of a sudden she started getting frustrated and wouldn't nurse. We came to the conclusion that she was just starting to "wake up" and get hungry, and was frustrated that she wasn't getting much. After some helpful tips from my nurse that night, we were able to get her to nurse again. Thankfully my milk cam in the next day before we even left the hospital. C and I had our own share of issues when she was a newborn, but nursing was never one of them, so it was very difficult to feel like I couldn't give SC what she wanted. But thank goodness it didn't last long and now things are fine!
Here are some more pictures from the rest of our hospital stay.
Sallie Cate's first bath. She definitely didn't "protest" as loudly as C did with her first bath.
Uncle Craig and Sissy's first time holding her
with Nana
The grandfather transfer. I have an identical picture of them with Curran.
Curran came to meet SC after school on Monday. She was very timid at first, and I don't blame her. She had everyone staring at her waiting for her reaction, and I was in bed still hooked up to the IV.
Meeting her little sister for the first time.
She approved! :)
Sinclair was very interested in the baby. She still just stares at her with this fascinated look on her face.
Opening her Big Sister gifts from Sallie Cate. One of her gifts was a personalized big sister book from I See Me. It came with a Big Sister medal and C put it right on. She loves it, and John said she wanted to sleep with it that night. :)
Curran was very protective of SC right away. She did not want anyone but me to hold her, and she cried hysterically when the nurse came to check her temperature. I did not expect that reaction, and when she started crying it made me cry too. I felt bad for her. The pediatrician said that was a good sign that she was protective of her like that. And when people come over the first thing she says is, "Look at my baby!"
Enjoying a cookie
Snuggling with my girls! I asked C if she wanted to hold SC, and she very quietly said, "No thank you." So I told her to let me know when she wanted to.
Getting ready to go home, wearing the same dress Curran, Sinclair, and I all wore home from the hospital.
She was great on the ride home and didn't make a peep!
I forgot to take a picture at the hospital, but one of my sweet coworkers made this wreath for the hospital door.
Arriving home
Sweet girl!
pretty flowers
with Cricky
When C got home from school, she ran right back to my room and was so excited to see us! I asked if she wanted to hold SC and she immediately said yes. I guess something about the hospital just made her uncomfortable. I made her strip down out of her icky school clothes {if you're wondering why she's almost nekkid in these pics}.
And she seated herself in the boppy like that. :)
I love my sweet girls so much!!











3 comments:
sweet, sweet, sweet!!
These pictures melt my heart. They are ADORABLE!
Mary Louis, Congratulations!! You look awesome by the way and your blog is great!! I can't believe how much you have done in such a short period of time. YOu definitely deserve Wife of the year award for the golf outing but I do understand. I love all the pictures of the girls they are so adorable. Miss you and hope we can get together soon!!! Lana would love to have some other girls around to play with.
Post a Comment