Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2012

3 Weeks Old

My sweet girl is 3 weeks old today! In the last week she has definitely started to "wake up" some. She has had some fussy times, mostly in the evening when trying to get her down for the night. I think she is having some tummy issues/maybe reflux. She gets so uncomfortable when feeding sometimes, and you can hear her stomach making so much noise. I'll definitely be talking to the doctor about it at our next appt, if not sooner. But once we get her down for the night {which one night was not until midnight!!! Not fun!}, she does pretty well. She has been in her crib for almost two weeks, and besides that bad weekend I mentioned in my last post, she has done well. Her sleep is really inconsistent- she will go anywhere from 2-4 hrs in between feedings at night {usually 3 or 3.5}, and we have even had a couple of 5 hr stretches, although that is definitely the exception. During the day she is still eating every 2-3 hours.

This past Friday {my second day by myself with both girls} was pretty good- not nearly as bad as Monday was. C went down for her nap easily {my biggest struggle when I'm by myself}, and I had two whole hours when both girls were asleep! It was wonderful. We went to the library that morning, which C always loves, so that entertained us for a bit. We only had 2 time outs, so in general it was a pretty good day. Today- not so much. C fell asleep in the stroller when we were walking this morning, so she never did go down for her nap. Makes for a very long day. And SC woke up every time I tried to set her down, so I pretty much held her all  day, meaning I couldn't really do much with C. So by the time John got home, we were all about to go crazy!

Anyway, some other 3 week tidbits:

-Sallie Cate smiled for the first time this past Friday! She was wide awake and I was kind of rubbing her head, and she smiled so huge! At first I was hesitant to count it as "real" because I thought it may have been a fluke since she's still pretty young, but then she did it two more times later on in the day. Can't wait til we are getting those smiles all the time!

-She does NOT like to be swaddled, but of course it's a necessary evil because it helps her stay asleep. But that is part of our issue with getting her down for the night- she just fights that swaddle so hard. And we realized she really doesn't like the Swaddle Me velcro blankets, so we just usually swaddle the good old fashion way with blankets.

-She really likes her paci and prefers the Mam brand. Her sister would only take the Avent ones. I think it's funny how they develop a preference.

-I've mentioned this before, but she still does great in the car seat making errands, eating out, and stroller rides really easy.

-She likes baths now that she can be in a real tub.

-Her big sister loves her and always says things like "you so CUTE!" and "you a beautiful girl!" She tells her she loves her all the time and constantly needs to be touching some part of her. She asks where her baby is the second she is out of sight, and she still tells everyone who comes over "look at my baby!" And I'm pretty sure SC loves Curran already, too. She immediately turns towards her when she hears her voice, and she always looks like she wants to smile at her. I'm sure it won't be long.

I haven't taken any pics on my real camera since last week so these cell phone ones will have to do.

The many faces of Sallie Cate Quinn:








 And one of Big Sis for good measure:

No comments: