I had my appt at 9:45 Monday morning, so I mentioned the decrease in movement to the nurse as soon as they called me back. My regular dr was out, but the dr I was seeing sent me for an ultrasound and non-stress test. We had Curran with us and had already waited a while, so she was starting to get restless. We eventually got called back for the US, so C got to see SC on the screen. Of course the tech did all her measuring first, and it was so hard for me not to interrupt to ask how everything was looking. She eventually turned the screen so we could see and pointed out everything. Her fluid levels were really good {thank goodness, b/c that was one thing I was worried about} and she weighed 6 lbs 5 oz. Her heart rate was good but she still wasn't moving much.
Then they sent me for the NST. At that point, I knew we were going to be there for a while longer, so I called my sister to see if she could watch C. Luckily she was working from home that day, and she so graciously offered to keep her. I hated to ask her because I knew that would cut into her work day, but I didn't want C to be at the dr for another hour or more. So John left to take Curran over there. My sister fed her lunch and put her down for a nap. I am so thankful to have such a selfless sister and am also very thankful that C loves being at her house so much! :)
The baby moved once right when they hooked me up to the monitors, and then not again for like 20 minutes. The nurse came in to check, and since she hadn't moved at all, they gave me a pepsi and some crackers to see if that would her her going. Note- I had just eaten breakfast not long before this, and I had a fairly large {caffeinated} coffee that I was still sipping on right up until my US, so I'm not sure why that didn't get her going. Well, once I had the snack she did start moving some, thank goodness.
I went to see the dr after that and he said the movement after eating was reassuring. I still didn't like that her complete lack of movement couldn't be explained since it was such a drastic change, but he said there was really no obvious reason to worry. He reminded me that I can come in any time to have a NST, and we just scheduled my next appt for next week. He did check me and I didn't seem to have any progress from last week. :(
I realize that towards the end of pregnancy, movement can decrease when the baby runs out of room, but it was so all of a sudden that it had me really worried. Luckily she has started to move more like her usual self today, so that has made me feel much better.
Despite all the worrying, we loved getting a glimpse of our sweet girl! Can't wait to meet her in 3 weeks or less!!




2 comments:
oh ML, so thankful SC is moving & shaking a bit more now! i will def be praying for safety for all over the next few weeks! love y'all!
Isn't pregnancy nerve racking?! I had the same fear a couple of weeks ago and started googling (and I did NOT like what I found!). I think they do slow down a lot towards the end, but you can never be too sure! I'm glad she's moving better!
Post a Comment