We didn't have to buy too much for the nursery: the bed, bedding, rug, and glider were all Curran's. The armoire was John's growing up and we've had it in our house since we got married. I just painted it for the nursery. I wish I had some before pictures because the room looks completely different now! The walls were a really dark beige {you can see that in my 34 week post}, and we had them painted Sherwin Williams "Roman Column." I love how the color turned out! It looks pretty white in these pics but it's warmer in real life.
I got the idea for these oval frames from a Pottery Barn catalog. I bought cheap frames at Hobby Lobby, painted them and the wooden letters, and used scrapbook paper for the background.
The finished closet. I can't find a before picture but there was just one door {where the right one is} despite the fact that the closet went about 4-5 feet into the wall towards the left. We just couldn't access half of it. So we had a guy come in and tear out the wall, re-frame it and add another door. We used some old doors that were in our shed when we bought this house so we could keep the old/original look to the house.
Inside the closet- I don't have it super organized yet, and John is going to be sharing it with SC, so his things are on the left side.
I couldn't find a chandelier I liked, so I went with this pendant light I got on sale at West Elm. I'm really happy with how it turned out!
My parents found the dresser at an estate sale, and I repainted it. The lamps were some I had on a vanity in my room.
I bought the shelf unfinished and painted it myself. The blue turned out a little brighter than I wanted but I don't have the energy to fix it.
This is John's old armoire I painted. It was a two-toned wood stain and in bad condition {not that my paint job looks great in this pic or really in real life :) }. I also switched out the old pulls for new mercury glass pulls.
I had the idea to do a small gallery wall when I got C's silhouette done before Christmas. I bought some cheap frames at Hobby Lobby and painted them, and copied some old pics of C, John, Chris and me, and my brother in frames, and we'll add one of SC once she arrives.
Now we just need a little bambino and we will be all set!!










2 comments:
The nursery is adorable. I love everything you did and I might have to steal an idea or two from you. I can't wait to see my future daughter in law in a few weeks :)
It looks so great, ML!!
Post a Comment