Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

38 Weeks





I have to be honest and say that it freaks me out just a wee bit when I look at my Lilypie ticker above and see 14 days until my due date! It's crazy to me that it is already almost here! And technically she could come any time, although I am preparing to go the whole 40 weeks this go 'round too.

I went to the doctor on Monday and all looked good. I am 1.5 cm dilated {so not much progress from the previous 2 weeks} and the baby is still "high as a kite" according to the dr. C was much lower at this point, so I'm not sure what all that means, if anything really. I'll go back again for my 39 week check on Monday, and I'm guessing we'll talk about a plan for induction at 40 weeks if I haven't had her on my own by then.

I thought I would compare pregnancy notes for my own memory, so here goes:

*I have now gained more weight with this pregnancy, totaling 28 lbs so far {and I'm sure I'll add a few more l-bs to that}. I gained 25 with Curran and hardly gained any in the last few weeks of that pregnancy. This time, I have steadily continued to gain weight even this close to the end. However, with C I did a prenatal aquatics class twice a week plus walked several times per week. This time I have hardly even walked. Being pregnant during mostly winter months just made it hard for me to be motivated to get out. Monday, C and I went on the longest walk we have been on in a while, and I should have known Miss SC was still really high because besides contractions, I wasn't in any pain at all. With C I remember not really being able to go on walks after 36-37 weeks because the pain/pressure was so bad.

*I didn't get the linea nigra {the dark line on the abdomen} this time with Sallie Cate but I did with Curran. That is weird to me- I would think if you got it once, you would have it with every pregnancy.

*I also don't have sciatica this time {except maybe a couple of sharp pains every now and then but they only last a minute or two} like I did with Curran.

*I had awful tailbone pain with C that resolved as soon as I delivered. None this time around.

*I want to say my reflux is much worse this time, but I'm sure it just seems that way since I am living/suffering through it right now because I do remember it being pretty bad last time too.

*With C I remember having a very annoying numb spot at the top of my abdomen {midline} where she was compressing a nerve. This time I have that same numb spot but more to the top/right of my abdomen, but I've had horrible burning sensation with it. It sounds like a weird/random complaint, but it is driving me crazy!


Overall I have really enjoyed this pregnancy and will certainly miss feeling my little babe squirm around in there and her little pokey parts sticking out. John doesn't get how I can have so many daily complaints about pregnancy but then turn around and talk about having another baby. Men just don't get it. I always remind him that I think the positives of pregnancy- hello, and the end result!!- far outweigh any negatives. And I am so very thankful to get to experience it all!



No comments: