Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

36 Weeks





I went to the dr on Monday for my first weekly check, and I was 1 cm dilated. I am trying not to get too excited about that considering I was the same at this point with Curran {I think} and ended up being 2.5 cm and 60-70% effaced and still had to be induced. But as every woman who's been through this knows, you always want to hear that you've had some progress at this stage! He said she was head down, and I'm praying she'll stay that way! I am 1 lb away from total weight gain with Curran, so hopefully I won't gain too much more weight in these last few weeks {not that it really matters, but ya know we all worry about it :) }. My hematocrit is better since starting the iron, and I definitely feel better. Everything else looked great and I go back again next Monday. It doesn't feel like I should still have one more month to go, but I am not counting on her coming early. I'm just thankful she and I are both doing well!

I meant to include a few comments that I got when I was 34 weeks in that week's post. That week was the first time I got the, "So when are you due? Any day now?" by the checkout lady at the grocery store. I told her about a month, which was a lie at that point since I had 6 weeks left, but I couldn't stand to tell her the truth when she was looking at me so incredulously already. Then the next day at work a patient said, "Oh, you're still here? I thought you'd be a mom by now." I replied that no, I had about another month left. "Oh, so it's twins?" Ummm, no. "So just a big baby then?" At that point I think I had steam coming out of my ears. Then today my coworker told me a new patient of ours asked her if I was having triplets!! Um, WHAT?!? I almost don't believe that one because I know I'm not that big! I don't say this to try to elicit compliments from anyone. I don't care if I'm as big as a house. I am just never ceased to be amazed by people's rudeness! I know I'm fairly large-and-in-charge, but I'm nearly 9 months pregnant with another human for goodness sake! {I know I said during my last pregnancy that I wasn't going to let the "weight" comments bother me this time, but clearly I was lying, because they still totally get on my nerves.} Anywho, just had to include those minor annoyances.  To add a positive, I did run into an old coworker today who was so sweet and complimentary. And some of my patients do actually have nice things to say, so some people do still have good manners. The rude things are just funnier to talk about. :)

On an exciting note, we finally have her room done, and I love it! I will post pics soon!!

1 comment:

Lora G said...

Those are the joys of working with the public huh? And something about being pregnant just makes people feel like they can say anything to you!