Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chez Hey

On Saturday Christopher and Craig had a few people over to watch football and eat supper. John and I decided that we would just plan on spending the night so we could take Curran with us and just put her to bed over there. We have done that before, and she usually does pretty well. We put the pack 'n play in Chris and Craig's room since it's upstairs and would be away from everyone. I know my friends are so tired of hearing me constantly shushing them whenever C is sleeping in a nearby room. :)

She went to bed just fine, so John and I were able to enjoy our evening "out". We slept downstairs and had the baby monitor on, but it was messing up for some reason, so I really couldn't sleep because I was stressed about the baby waking up and not being able to hear her, and Chris and Craig being stuck upstairs dealing with her.

At one point {sometime around 4ish a.m.}, I thought I heard her, so I went upstairs and sure enough she was crying. Chris has been trying to get her back to sleep, but she was having none of it. So I took her back downstairs to get in bed with us. After cuddling for a little while, C decided that she was ready to play instead of go back to sleep. So after about an hour of her tossing and turning, pointing to my nose {she is very into identifying body parts these days}, and head-butting me a few times, I finally got up and got her some milk. She went right to sleep after she drank it {at about 5:15}. So needless to say, it wasn't the best night of sleep I ever had, but we still had a fun night at the Hey's.

During the afternoon, I left C with the boys while I ran a few errands. {Craig took these first couple of photos.}

I'm not sure what C and Ryan were doing, but I know they were having fun.

Always looks a little rough when Daddy is in charge. :)


Where is Ryan's nose?

Where is your belly button? {C always aims a little high on that one}

Where is your ear?


When I got back, I took her outside to burn off some energy.

We got a visit from her friend Butterscotch. C was a little nervous at first, so she kept a safe distance.



flashback to Curran and Butterscotch meeting almost a year ago.




This morning we enjoyed drinking our coffee on the deck and playing with Sadie. Curran is usually pretty comfortable around Sadie {unlike with our wild dogs}, but I've never seen her this comfortable.
It was pretty cute. :)

She even tried sitting on Sadie.

{We stripped her down to her diaper because it started to get pretty hot.}

C liked to sit down and scoot back until she fit perfectly against Sadie's side.

C thought Sadie looked a little thirsty, so she offered her some water.


Uncle Craig said he was going to take C inside to wash her hands, but when I walked in I was surprised to see her "bathing" in the sink. 


After all the morning excitement, we took C home where she immediately crashed and took a 2 hour nap {unusual for her}.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Excuse me while I exude jealousy that you and your twin live in the same city and can have a spend the night party! Looks like such fun. :)

Olivia said...

Love the pictures with Sadie! David loves our friends Jamie and Ben's dog Pippa and she lets him do anything to her, including sitting on her too! I wish our crazy dog would let him touch her!

Lora G said...

What a doll! I love her spirited little self ;)
I can see Curran in all of her pictures, but I think Zayd has changed a lot too, so I think it's just easier to tell the difference when they're ours.
Random side note: there is a street in Sylacauga called Curran St. Made me think of yall. Next time I go, I'll try to take a picture of it for you.