"Living with a toddler can be like sharing a house with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. If your child is "spirited," the toddler years can be especially trying."
and this was in the section warning parents not to "label" their child:
"Most important of all, examine the way you describe your toddler. The "wild child" who is "stubborn," "exhausting," and a "crybaby" is also a spirited child who is persistent, energetic, and sensitive — all traits that are admired in adults. Use positive labels when discussing your child with relatives and teachers, and they'll come to see his wonderful attributes too."
Curran was so much fun today and was nothing like how I described her in the 13 month post. I had a doctor's appointment this morning, so our good friends Sheela and Ryan came over to watch Curran. They just moved to Birmingham after being in Southern California for 4 years {well, Sheela was there 4 years...I think Ryan was there a year longer} while Ryan completed his residency and fellowship. We are SO happy to have them in town! Ryan hasn't started his new job yet, so they graciously babysat CQ so I could go to my appt. She was in a cute mood when I left the house {I snuck out the back door so she wouldn't get upset, but I don't think she even noticed I was gone}. And she was being so fun and goofy when I got home. She played easily all morning and was not clingy at all. She was even great in the car while we ran a few errands around town. I caught myself wishing that every day was like this one, but then when I really thought about it, without the tantrums and meltdowns I'm not sure I would truly appreciate and cherish these sweet days. We definitely laughed more today than we have in a while.
{ok, I am not saying that I'm glad we have the tantrums, I'm just trying to find the silver lining here :) }
And because posts are more fun with pictures, here are some from earlier tonight. My mom was standing in the kitchen eating some ice cream when little Curry realized what was going on, so she lifted her arms for my mom to pick her up. Of course my parents couldn't resist giving her some.






1 comment:
How did I miss that Sheela and Ryan actually live here, I just thought they were here for a visit. We need to all get together. I feel so out of the loop.
Post a Comment