Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Things that make me cry.

RANDOM POST ALERT

*One of my coworkers pulled up this video at work the other day. Not a good idea to watch in the middle of the work day when a patient could walk in at any moment and see me reduced to a puddle of tears. If you're in the mood for a good, happy cry, then it's worth it!

 http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/39076186#39076186

*Pretty much any show on TLC these days. Well mainly 19 Kids and Counting {every time they show clips of that little baby in the NICU it gets me} and Quints By Surprise. The episode where they flew to see the great-grandparents and the grandfather broke down and cried when he saw the babies...old people get me every time. It makes me miss my grandparents so much!

*Pretty much any episode of Teen Mom. Yes, I admit I like that show. It simultaneously depresses me and fascinates me. It's like a train wreck...I can't make myself look away.  If you're wondering why I cry, I'll tell you. Last week it was when Catelynn's mother was being outright hateful to her. It just made me so very sad and angry for Catelynn. This week it was when Catelynn and Tyler got to talk to Carly on her birthday. I know the show is controversial because some view that it may glamorize teen pregnancy, but I won't go into my thoughts on that. I know I get way too invested in these shows.

*And the best of all...when I got to hear my niece or nephew's heart beat!!! Chris and Craig are down to one car because their other is in the shop, and Craig couldn't go to her doctor's appt on Monday because of work, so Chris asked if I could take her. So C and I got to go in the room with her and hear the heart beat! It was so sweet {and steady and strong, thank you God} and of course made me tear up. I am so ready for him or her to get here!! {I'm thinking it's a girl. :)}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We have got to discuss Teen Mom next time we are together. I love that show! I even got my mom started watching it. :) I cried when they called Carly too. Catelynn and Tyler are the best! How they are normal with their cracked out parents, I will never understand. Yes, we have lots to discuss. I could talk about that show all day long.

Yay for hearing the baby's heartbeat!! I know you are so excited!

Olivia said...

Thanks for the clip, I cried too!
So glad Baby Hey's heartbeat is strong!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMlIM9zLio

Don't watch it at work, cause you will probably cry again but its good.

Paul