Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Nutcracker 2013

Picking up where my last post left off, we woke up in Natchez Sunday morning and drove back to Jackson so we could get back in time for The Nutcracker! To say Curran was excited is the understatement of the century. She has asked almost every single day since last December when we could go to the Nutcracker again. Typically it was part of her stalling tactic at bedtime- she would call me back into her room saying she needed to ask me something, and it was almost always "Can we go see the Nutcracker next Christmas?" Sunday morning I said to her, "Can you believe 'next Christmas' is finally here?!" :)

I know I am a total sap, but I couldn't help getting tears in my eyes just seeing Curran so happy. She was in her element, and it was so fun to see. 

We went to the Sugar Plum Fairy's Tea {lunch} before the ballet like we did last year. They have it at the art museum right next to the auditorium. They had some of the dancers there to sign autographs and take pictures. All I have are these crummy cell pics but they'll have to do .




She was THRILLED to get a picture with Marie! {aka Clara to us old folks}
{and I know she doesn't look thrilled. she was super nervous. but she talked about it nonstop afterwards.}



Posing with a pic of Mother Ginger, her other favorite character, who is played by one of my mom's best friends. 

She got to pick out a new Nutcracker, and of course she chose a sequined one. 

She's fancy.

Such a special, special day with my sweet girl. I love making memories like these that I will always cherish!