Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Scenes of Christmas

We really didn't do many of our normal Christmas activities this year. We were out of town for the first weekend after Thanksgiving, and then I had a retreat for my bible study the next weekend, so we only had one weekend before Christmas without any plans. The holiday went by much too fast and we just didn't get many things checked off the list. But we still had fun! And it was SO nice enjoying our first Christmas in our new house! 

I said I would never. And then I did. And I was actually kinda happy I did.


We rode on the Polar Express in Calera for the firs time this year! It was SO cold, but the kids had a blast and got rowdy.

We lookin' rough.





These three were anxiously looking out of the window for Santa and Mrs. Claus when we pulled up to the "North Pole."

This was as close as we got to Santa {I was holding a screaming SC}. Our buddies Sam and Eli were a lot braver. 

cookies and chocolate milk!



Curran did give Santa a five. {notice SC}

The week before we closed on the old house, we still had a ton of junk to move out and needed to clean, so our awesome babysitter had the girls over one night to make gingerbread houses and eat supper. The girls LOVE them, so they were super excited and had a blast with their family!




This is our babysitter, and we love her! She has been such a blessing in our lives these past few months. 

The Friday before Christmas, the girls had their class Christmas parties at school {and since my girls don't go to school on Fridays, we just went up there for the parties}.




And this happened on the way home. 
{Don't worry- it's just chocolate, if you didn't see this in IG}


Making Christmas cookies

And what would Christmas be without a screaming Santa pic? At least she took one, unlike big sister. {Not that she really had a choice.}

2 comments:

Lora G said...

Love that spread eagle pic of SC on the Polar Express and their Ugg boots :) Lu is quite frightened by santa, can't even say his name without covering her mouth in fear

Ashley said...

What a fun holiday season. We've got a similar Polar Express/Christmas Train here in our area but the tickets sell out in minutes every year. It's kind of a big deal, I guess!

Your girls are beautiful, and I have to confess that screaming Santa pics are my favorite. :)