Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 2, 2013

14 Months Old

Sallie Cate is 14 months old today! It snuck up on me this month! I feel like the biggest change this past month has been her vocabulary. She is saying lots of new words and loves to mimic what we say and do. Her new words are:

Big {bih}- my dad
Nana
Pop {pah}
bed {beh}
shoes
no
nose
mmmm- when she's eating something she likes
Cur-Cur- she said that today {for Curran} and I was SO excited!

I feel like she has words for several more things that I may not understand yet. She signs 'more' and 'all done'. She can point to her nose and mouth, and sometimes gets ears and eyes right but not often.



She is still a great eater. She seems to eat better at school {as far as variety goes} but does really well at home too. When it's meal time, she can't get into her high chair fast enough. She is officially off bottles and breast milk. She has done GREAT with whole milk and drinks a ton of it. Way more than Curran did at this age.

Her sleeping schedule is about the same. She seems to take a little longer to fall asleep these days, so she may be ready to push her bed time back some. We have gotten into a nice little routine at night. Like when Curran was this age, I think it's a little awkward when I drop that night time bottle- like, how do I get her settled down for bed without a bottle? But now I rock her for a minute and we sing a few songs, which she loves. I'm trying to read to her more, but she doesn't seem to have the attention span for that quite yet.

When she wakes up in the morning, she "helps" me make my coffee in the Keurig. She takes the k-cup off of the shelf, enjoys shaking it while I get my water, then she puts the cup in it's slot, helps me close the lid and then pushes the start button all by herself. It's pretty cute because she knows the whole routine.



As far as playing goes, she loves her baby dolls and anything that belongs to her sister. She loves to play behind the dining room table. She has gotten very attached to her lovies and has carried one to school every day since she started her new class. She loves shoes, and I constantly have to take them away from her as she picks them up and carries them around the house. She'll find hers and say "shoes" and sit down on the ground with her feet out, ready for me to put them on her. She loves to be held and cuddled.

At nearly 14 months, she decided she was finally old enough to graduate from the infant bath tub and bathe like a big girl! And she has gone from one extreme to the other: she used to scream bloody murder in the tub and now she throws herself backwards in glee, floating on her back and kicking her legs. Now she screams bloody murder when I yank her out. She goes limp noodle and kicks and screams. But it's cute now that she and Curran can both fit in the bath tub together, and they are loving it too.

blurry but sweet

I was having to keep her from dunking her head under.

I still can't believe my baby is a toddler, but we are loving this fun {but often challenging} time with her! We are so thankful for our baby girl.

Happy 14 months, Cakers!


No comments: