Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Ballerina

Oh, this blog. I have so many pending posts. The thought of even updating it these days totally stresses me out. But I know one day I will be glad I kept at it. So here goes.

Curran just completed her first year of ballet and tap. I knew when we signed her up that she would love it, and she did. She did it through her school {they use a local dance company} so that made it easier on us- not having to shuttle her back and forth to practice. The whole thing was a bit serious for 3 and 4 year olds, in my opinion, but C loved it so that's all that matters {like I repeated to myself every time I saw their auto drafts on my credit card}.

We had the recital a couple of weekends ago, and I was anxious about how she would do. She had the dress rehearsal the Thursday before, and it was quite stressful having to leave work early and rush to the convention center. Luckily she was riding with a friend from school or else we never would have made it on time. They were basically lining up to head to the stage when I got there, so I had to throw her first outfit on her and didn't get to do her hair and she had on the wrong color tights {as they were quick to point out to me}. We weren't allowed to take pictures or videos at the actual performance {I KNOW! Don't get me started!} so I wanted her to look "show ready" at the rehearsal, but oh well. I did get some cute pictures though.

At first she was nervous and asked me if I could go out on stage with her, but after her first number she was giddy and seemed to be loving it! She mostly had to watch the older girls in her group, but she did know some of the routine really well. The part she did best was prancing off the stage afterwards. :)

These first pictures are all from the rehearsal:


Curran and Sadie, waiting to go on stage

Some of the girls in her group {the taller ones in the back are all in the older class at school}

Curran and her best friend, Lillian

on stage for the first time

get it, girl


the three amigos {couldn't get one where they were all smiling or looking at camera}

Then we had to change the girls into their ballet outfits. Curran couldn't help but bust a move...


 Then Curran and Lillian took off down the hall towards the stage like this...
It was the cutest thing!

For some reason this is the only pic I got of C doing her ballet routine. I think the rest is video.

Thankfully because of the rehearsal, the day of the recital was a little less stressful. The girls were excited and were running around the dressing room like wild Indians.



They were giddy with excitement!

Curran with another one of her best friends, Charlotte

my girl and me waiting to take the stage for the second time

Afterwards, the girls were pretty excited about their flowers.



Curran with her grands

As stressed out as I got, it really was fun {I can say that now that it's over}. She said she liked tap more than ballet, but I think it had all to do with the pink outfit {her favorite color} and noisy shoes. I know it's really too soon to know what she'll be interested in as she gets older, but I would not be surprised if she decides to stick with dance. I secretly hope she does! Never thought I'd say that. :)


1 comment:

Emily Ferris said...

LOVE that little ballerina! so sweet!!!