I had been SO excited about her present for so long, because we decided to get her a bike! She has a tricycle {actually it's Sinclair's but we have had it at our house} that she can ride really well, so I figured she was ready for the real thing.
All the grandparents and my sister and BIL were over to watch her get it, so I was going to be really disappointed if she wasn't impressed with her gift. :)
She was a little shy when she walked outside and had all eyes on her. She would start towards the bike and then run back and hide behind John. But she did really like it and was excited.
Gotta get that cell phone in the basket.
I think she was most excited about her purple helmet. :)
Safety first, folks.
an encouraging nudge from Sinclair
And she's off!
On her actual birthday, I wanted her to have something to open so I got her 3 new books in some of her favorite series {2 new Ladybug girl books and a Maisy book}. Those have probably been a bigger hit than the bike! :)
I fixed her pancakes that morning and John ate with us before he left for work.
We were kind of rushed because we had C's 3 yr well checkup that morning. Her appointment went well. She got a good report, and she was able to answer all of Dr. D's questions. I was nervous about that because I didn't know what she would ask C, and I think she is smart, but I don't really know what all she is supposed to know at this age. But all the questions were easy and she got them right. I swear they were the same ones she asked her at her 2 year visit. C did have to get one shot {the second Hep A we'd missed some time}, and she was not too happy about that. But she was thrilled with the bandaid and sucker that she got afterwards, and she refused to take the bandaid off for a week!
For lunch, I took her to Chick Fil A. I thought she would be thrilled, but she was in a mood and cried the whole ride there and the whole time we were there. I handed her a Kleenex while we were driving because she was crying, but she threw it down. Then she immediately said she wanted it back and threw a fit because I couldn't reach it. When we got there she wanted me to hold her {but I couldn't b/c I had Sallie Cate}, then she wanted me to cut up her nuggets, but as soon as I cut the last one she decided she didn't want me to cut them, so I gave her mine but she wouldn't give me hers. Then she wanted all the ketchup packets for herself and got mad when I took one. I mean, it was just constant tears! I was ready to pull my hair out. An employee brought C out a little stuffed Chick Fil A cow b/c she was so upset and she overheard me say it was her birthday. That did cheer her up some.
I can't even remember what we did the rest of the day. I think it did get better. She got a visit from her Sissy and Clair so that always cheers her up, and they brought her a balloon and a lollipop {what she told Sissy she wanted for her birthday}.
I am so thankful for my healthy 3 year old girl- tears, tantrums and all!!







1 comment:
She looks like a pro on that bike! Girl I can sympathize on the tantrums. You never know when one's coming!
Post a Comment