Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

4 Month Check-Up

We had Sallie Cate's 4 month check up today {3 weeks late- that drives my OCD self crazy}. It's been a tough few days around here so I was very ready for this appointment.
waiting on the dr. even though she didn't feel good, she was still smiling at her mama.

It felt more like a sick visit than a well visit because we spent most of it talking about SC's issues. She has been waking up screaming several times per night for the last 3 nights, so we've been pretty miserable. She's has a cold for the last week, and I actually took her in last Monday to make sure she didn't have an ear infection {she didn't}. But after being congested for a week and waking up screaming, I thought they had to be infected. Well, I was shocked when she said they looked fine. I was also really discouraged to not have an answer. We talked about a lot of different things that I don't feel like going into detail about {not anything bad, just not worth writing about}. She ended up ordering an abdominal ultrasound to rule out pyloric stenosis because SC has been spitting up a ridiculous amount. My sister actually witnessed it this weekend when SC projectiled on both of us 12 times in an hour. The ultrasound looked ok {per the tech, we don't have the final word from the radiologist}, so we are going to try SC on Prilosec. Her weight looked good so Dr. D was pleased. She said she would be falling off the growth chart if she had pyloric stenosis, but she just wanted to make sure by getting the ultrasound. She was 13 lbs 7 oz {50th percentile} and 25.5" long {75th percentile}. She didn't get vaccines today since she has been sick, so we have to go back for that.

Other things that have happened since her 4 month post:
- She is still not sleeping through the night, although on her 4 month birthday she slept 6:15pm-5am- pretty good in my book. She has done that one time since. Other times she has made it until 4am.
-She rolled over from back to front two weeks ago. Curran and I were in her room playing, and I could tell she was close. I stepped out to do something and of course she did it while I was gone. But C witnessed it and was SO excited! It was the cutest thing. I hope she'll always be SC's biggest cheerleader. :)
blurry pic

-She has been unswaddled since right before she turned 4 months. Well, I still swaddle her lower half and leave her arms out. No other reason than that it worked the first time I tried it when we were having some bad nights, so I have stuck with it. She sleeps on her right side all the time. She has also starting sucking on her middle two fingers at night.
-Her feet have found their way to her mouth. She even tries to get them in there when we're riding in the car.
This is right when she found her feet, I think the day after she turned 4 months.

-I put her in the exersaucer for the first time at home. She doesn't love it, but it occupies her long enough for me to get a few things done in the kitchen.


She is still our sweet girl despite the sickness. I just hope she gets back to normal soon!





1 comment:

Emily Ferris said...

sweet girl! so sorry things have been rough lately. prayers! love y'all!