Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's at the Quinns

I was never big on Valentine's Day until I had a kid, but now I think it is SO fun! We celebrated a day early at our house since I work on Tuesdays. We started getting ready for the festivities over the weekend by making Valentine's for grandparents, aunts and uncles.

I traced some hearts on construction paper and she painted and used glitter glue and stickers on them, and then I cut the hearts out and wrote on the back {didn't get a pic of the finished product}.


I also made some crayon hearts for Curran's classmates while she was napping one day. I got the idea from my friend Brooke who made crayon trees for her son's class at Christmas. I thought it was so cute and would be perfect for Valentine's. Of course the idea was all over Pinterest, so me and about 10,000 other people had the same idea. That's the only thing I don't like about Pinterest- no ideas seem original anymore. Oh well, it's still fun.


I typed up some notes on card stock to attach to the crayons.

They didn't turn out quite as cute as I'd hoped- I really wanted them to be mostly pink and red, but I didn't think about the dark colors dominating so much. Also, why in the world did I put white in there?? The white seemed to float to the top, so one side of the crayon doesn't really draw very well. Ya live and ya learn. Also, for anyone else who wants to do this- the directions I found said to melt the crayons at 230 degrees for 15-20 min. I ended up turning the oven to 250 and they still took at least 25 minutes to melt.

For teachers' gifts I just bagged up some candy and a Starbucks gift card. I got an email with these free printables, so I attached those to the tops of the bag.

We started off our Vday celebrations this morning with heart-shaped pancakes {on C's new plate from Cricky and Big}.

Then we had to rush off for a dentist appointment.

C made herself right at home in the waiting room.


C was a little more nervous this time compared to last, but overall she did great and I was so proud of her!

Then we went to story time at the library. We hadn't been since the summer, and C randomly brought it up on the way to school last week. I was surprised she remembered so many details about it. I looked it up online and saw they had a class on Mondays for her age, so we went today. It will give us something to do for a few more weeks until Sallie Cate gets here!

These were the cute crafts they made at story time!


Afterwards we met John for a lunch date.


C was so tired after such a fun morning and fell asleep on the way home. After her nap we watched The Little Mermaid that we had rented from the library. She had never seen it before so I was excited for her. Besides a few scary scenes with Ursala, she really liked it!

{watching the movie on her rocking horse that Santa brought her last Christmas. She has not paid any attention to it whatsoever for the last year, and now that I want to put it in SC's room, she is quite attached to it. Figures.}

I had some frozen cookie dough so we made a small batch of sugar cookies.


Then at dinner we gave C her Valentine goodies.
a new plate, a ladybug craft and some candy

Now John and I are ending the day by watching the most romantic show on television- The Bachelor! :) It was a busy yet fun-filled day, and I loved getting to spend it with those I love most!



5 comments:

Brooke said...

LOVED this post! (haha- cheesy, I know.) Why didn't I think to celebrate BEFORE V-day? Our morning was so chaotic and rushed and I ended up leaving P crying at my Grandmomma's house. SO not what I had in mind. :/ Maybe we can have a V-day redo tonight! Happy Valentine's Day!! xoxo Brooke

Morgan Robinson said...

Looks like a fun-filled day! Love some cute C-bug!

Emily Ferris said...

what a fun day, ML!!

Christopher said...

you are such a good mama!

Unknown said...

So fun! I want to spend Valentine's Day at your house. I personally love the picture of her in the truck at the dentist's office. But I'm a little concerned about her choice of vehicle.