After an early morning visit to my friend Carden, who is a physical therapist, for a pinched nerve in my neck {story on that later}, we got on the road. We picked up John's brother Charlie and his fiance Camille in Nashville {they flew there from Lafayette} and headed to Louisville.
Friday night the rehearsal dinner was at Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby. It was such a neat place, and I only wish we got to see more of it!
They had displays of several outfits and lots of hats worn by various people, most of them famous.
They had these horses you could race on. The boys, both young and old, loved these!
Jockey uniforms on display. Funny side note: Mrs. Quinn's grandfather was a jockey. He must have been really little. :)
They also had a microphone/recorder where you could "call" a race. John and Charlie both had fun with that one.
Saturday was the wedding. It was a beautiful Mass and was followed by a cocktail hour and seated dinner {my first time to go to a seated dinner reception}.
Us with Charlie and Camille
These two {along with pretty much everyone else} were on the dance floor all night. I don't even like to dance that much, but even I got out there some, pinched nerve and sober pregnant self and all.
A few people have commented that I don't look very big yet. Enter Exhibit A below:
That looks like a pretty big belly to me! :)
My cute in-laws.
It was such a fun weekend and, as always, was so good to get away, but me and my neck were glad to get home! C bug started crying as soon as she saw us- I guess it finally hit her that we had been gone all weekend! :)










1 comment:
Mary Louis, you look so pretty in these pictures! Loved the post!
Post a Comment