Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall Festival and Birthday Celebration


Friday night we had the Fall Festival at Curran's school. It was pretty rinky dink as far as decorations go, but as my mom said, for 1-4 year olds, you don't need a lot of jazz in order for them to have fun. Our class was in charge of the Duck Pond, so we had to sign up for shifts to work it. When I pictured the Duck Pond, I pictured the game at the fair where the plastic ducks are floating in water, and they all have a number written on the bottom. You pick up your duck and then you get a prize. So I was surprised to walk into the gym Friday night to see a plastic baby pool with lots of rubber duckies in it with no water. So I asked the organizer to explain the game to me, and she said "Well it's mainly for the smaller kids. They just get in it and play around." I thought it sounded pretty lame, but it turns out that it was the biggest hit of the night {with the little kids anyway}. There was a group of little boys that stayed in there all night just playing with the ducks. When Curran got to the festival a little later with John, she spent most of her time playing with her buddy Webb in the duck pond as well. She had so much fun that night and didn't want to leave! I forgot my camera, so I tried to snap some pics on my sister's phone. Of course C wouldn't sit still long enough for me to really get any good ones.


Of course C was the only kid not in a fall outfit or costume of sort. I was just too frazzled when I left the house and forgot.

Playing with Webb.


Then on Sunday, our best friends surprised us with a brunch to celebrate our 30th birthday! It was such a fun afternoon spent with friends, and they worked so hard to make it special for Christopher and me!


 Katharyn with her sweet mama who hosted the party at her house.

C wearing the dress that my dad picked out for me to wear on my 1st birthday.




They put so much thought into the details, and even got us our own cakes from Dreamcakes! My favorite pumpkin for me...


And Chris' favorite yellow cake with chocolate icing for her.

Getting' sung to-- not sure what was so funny.

Chris and me with the hostesses: Mrs. Kellum, Katharyn, and Sheela 
{we missed you, Liz!!}


 Chris, Kat, Me & C, Sheela, Carol, Prim, and Samantha {who just had a baby 2 weeks ago!!}


My fam




the "gulls" with our hubbies

It was such a wonderful way for Christopher and I start our birthday week, and we are so blessed to have such thoughtful friends!!





2 comments:

Sarah Denley said...

Okay, what is on her outfit? It looks VERY fallish to me!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

It's navy blue and white gingham with girls on scooters smocked on the front. I had a fall dress with scarecrows and pumpkins to put her in, but I forgot. Gotta get 'em those seasonal outfits as much as possible! :)