Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not Much Going On

I don't really have anything to report. Things have been busy with work going on at the house, preparing for Christopher's wedding, etc. We are going to the beach this weekend for Christopher's bachelorette party, which I am so excited about!! The last time we were at the beach, I had just found out I was pregnant like two days before and had had my first ultrasound that Friday, and we kept the pregnancy a secret from Chris and Craig all weekend! Every five seconds I felt like I was about to spill the beans, but I wanted to wait for a more "special" moment to tell them, like at Christmas. But that "special" moment ended up being on some random Thursday night in my kitchen. Oh well. I wrapped up a home-made card with the baby's ultrasound picture on it and told Chris I had an engagement present for them. So when she opened the box she lifted up the card and looked underneath for her present, never mind that the card said "Aunt Chrissy and Uncle Craig" very big across the front. She wanted to get to that present! Too bad there was nothing else in the box. Anyway, that was certainly a random story. I guess my babbling means that I don't have enough to do today. Speaking of not doing any work, of course work is my favorite time to stalk all my blogs (I mean, who wants to sit at a computer once you are home from work??). Well a few times in the last week when I have clicked on some one's blog, a million windows start opening, and they pop up too fast to close any of them, so I have to turn off my computer to get it to stop. Has that ever happened to anyone else? Maybe it's the work gods telling me to get off the internet. I am afraid the IT people are going to come after me and blame me for downloading all these viruses to our network. Oh well. It's not going to stop me. :) Also speaking of work, my sweet coworker Debbie has organized my work baby shower and hung up the invites around the office today.
Aren't they cute?? She made them on her computer. It got me really excited! I can't believe it's almost time for showers! So anyway, I guess that is all I have to ramble about today. Oh I do have a kind of funny story from my aquatics class last night (that just sounds better than water aerobics to me :) ). Well it happened as I was walking to the locker room to get changed before class. There was a cute older couple walking towards me in the hallway with their grandsons, who were about 2-3 years old and looked like twins. As we were passing each other, I looked at the boy in front and smiled. Well as he walked by, he reached out his little hand and smacked me as hard as he could on my leg. So I screamed "Ooowww" so loud, more out of shock than anything, but it did hurt like hell, even though he was a tiny thing. Of course, I immediately felt bad because his grandfather started really laying into him and the boy was screaming. When I got to the dressing room, there was a huge red hand print on my thigh! It was really funny, just because it was so odd, but I hope it's not any indication of the effect I have on children! I will be in for a world of hurt come August!

No comments: