Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Even though I am not officially a mother yet, I still had a great first pseudo-Mother's Day! On Friday, all my patients (and over the weekend lots of strangers) were wishing me a Happy Mother's Day, which was kind of fun but weird at the same time. My mom was sweet and got me a pretty nightgown, and John got me a video camera, which I am very excited about! Maybe by the time the baby comes I will have figured out how to work it, and if I'm really lucky I might be able to eventually figure out how to upload/download (what's the right word??) videos to this thing. We'll see. We got to spend the weekend in Jackson with my parents and John's parents (since his little brother was graduating from Millsaps), so that was nice.

And Christopher was able to work on the wedding some. I think she is starting to get slightly stressed out. Really the stress started when my mom mentioned wanting to change the theme of the reception from "a garden/woodland" theme to something totally different. Now we are not "theme" people, but as most of you know, we are having the reception at my parents' house in the backyard, so my mom thought a "woodland" theme would be appropriate. Not sure where she came up with that term, but we have run with it. And a little bit of it has even spilled over into the theme for the baby's arrival (hence my two different blog backgrounds, baby shower invites, wall art, hostess gifts...and the list could go on). And you're probably not believing me anymore that we aren't really theme people. Really, we aren't. (The theme for my wedding was "If I let my mom make all the decisions, we will avoid many knock-down-drag-outs and everything will be just fine.") We have just taken this bird theme and run with it for some reason or another. So anyway, I don't think it went over too well with Christopher that my mom wanted to change the theme at this point in the game. What we would even change it to? The wedding is 6+ weeks away! We don't have time for second guessing around here. And if you know my family but at all, you are probably laughing right now because we are famous for being indecisive and second guessing ourselves all the time. Oh well. Not sure what the point was in all that rambling, but it just about sums up the weekend.

We have our second Preparing for Parenthood class tonight. Last week we talked about labor, and John said he learned a lot, which is good, because he really knows nothing (no offense to him or anything :) ). It cracked me up because yesterday on our way back to Bham, Christopher asked something about will the doctor be able to tell us when she thinks we'll deliver as time gets closer, and John matter of factly answered, "No..." and went on about why. I think next week the husbands try on the sympathy belly. I hope they have the heaviest one available! :) I can't believe I am already in the third trimester! Time is flying, for sure. Maybe I would be a little more relaxed if we had done the first thing to get the baby's room ready...maybe next week it will get painted, and I will at least not feel like such a slacker.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

and we really dont even like birds...in fact, they freak me out!!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Like the scary pigeon who has made a home on my front porch...