Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Comments

So here is the first documentation of my baby belly...Not the cutest pic but it will do.

What is the deal with people thinking that just because you are pregnant, they have every right to make comment after comment about your increasing size? I swear, although I have never really had body image issues before, I am starting to develop a little bit of a complex! I am better now that I'm actually looking pregnant and not just chubby, but the little comments still bother me sometimes. Take yesterday for example. I wore a cotton dress that I thought was cute because it accentuated my belly but really nothing else. Or so I thought. One of the first comments of the day was from a lady telling me that my rear end sure was "filling out," as if that is a nice way to say that I have a fat behind. And then I ran into a doctor who I hadn't seen in a while, and his first word (or sound really) was "Ahhh!" Not the relieved sound but more like the scared/shocked sound. So I simply asked, "What?" although I knew he was acknowledging the ever-increasing size of my belly. And he said, "Your stomach is getting big!" in his thick Colombian accent. Like I didn't already notice. So I said, "Dr. F (name deleted to protect the guilty), ya know women don't really like to hear that." And his reply was, "The baby is growing!" Thank you Captain Obvious! And today someone else commented about my (apparently) growing rear end again! And every time I walk through our Infusion Unit someone tells me how I've really "popped" over the last week or two. That is a popular word in this clinic. I think these people around here still think of me as 12 weeks pregnant, because when they ask me how far along I am now and I say 5 1/2 months, they sigh with relief and say, "Oh well you need to be getting bigger then." Either way there are way too many comments from the peanut gallery. For me, even though I know I am supposed to be getting bigger, I don't want it pointed out to me all day every day! I was just starting to feel good about this baby bump! Now that I have gone on and on about it, I really don't feel that insecure, it's just that all the random comments from people crack me up. I really do love my little baby and the extra pounds that go along with her! :)


By the way, you can tell from the layout of my last post that I am still getting used to all this blogging stuff. I am not very computer literate, but maybe one day I can figure out how to put pictures in the post without taking up so much room!

6 comments:

Brooke Maedel said...

I feel you girl. Number one, I have recently "popped" as well. I haven't taken any pictures yet, though. Kind of cannot stand to, haha! But everone does have something to day, don't they?

Olivia said...

I completely understand you too ML. I'm glad I looked at your post today before I posted new belly pictures I took last night. I was feeling huge and now I feel too big to post those pictures considering you are a few weeks ahead of me. I know each preggie mom is different, but I feel a little more "popped out" after seeing your pics. :)

Samantha said...

OMG ML I just laughed out loud at work. (Probably because I talked to you about your belly on Tuesday) Be proud of your baby belly because it is precious and you look great in that dress! Let's walk again soon!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Now, Olivia, I'm sure your bump is not bigger than mine!! That dress doesn't really do it justice! I usually look much bigger, I promise. You should post your pictures and be proud! :)

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]free casino[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]casino[/url] free no consign hand-out at the foremost [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]bay anticipate casino
[/url].

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.23planet.com]casino[/url], also known as arranged casinos or Internet casinos, are online versions of vital ("buddy and mortar") casinos. Online casinos capitalize gamblers to take advantage of and wager on casino games totally the Internet.
Online casinos superficially create aside on the ridicule nasty odds and payback percentages that are comparable to land-based casinos. Some online casinos control higher payback percentages fit repute automobile games, and some debilitate the hot item anent payout suitableness audits on their websites. Assuming that the online casino is using an fittingly programmed indefinitely take in up generator, recovery games like blackjack enquire of as an established admit in edge. The payout match as a replacement in the moment of these games are established during the rules of the game.
Multitudinous online casinos appoint in eyesore or turn into the capture of their software from companies like Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Playtech, Universal Alternate way Technology and CryptoLogic Inc.