So here is my newest hobby, although we don't look quite that synchronized. I have started a prenatal aquatics class at St. Vincent's that meets twice a week. Last Thursday was my first class. I wasn't too sure what to expect. The instructor told me on the phone that it was all pregnant women, so I wasn't too nervous about donning a bathing suit for the first time in many, many months. There were only 5 of us there, all pregnant gals, so it was kind of fun. Very laid back. All we (well really they...I'm kind of anti-social when I first meet people) did was talk about pregnancy/baby related things, which was kind of nice because I know people who aren't expecting get so sick of talking about doctors visits, nurseries, due dates, day cares, etc. Also, a hot topic of conversation was mother-in-laws. I really didn't have anything to add to that part of the conversation because luckily I am blessed with a wonderful one (and she doesn't read this, so I'm not just saying that). And when I hear stories from other people about their in laws, it makes me count my lucky stars that mine are so normal! For example, one girl in the class, started complaining about how her mother in law didn't like her, and how she has tried everything to get her to like her. Well I kept thinking, surely she is exaggerating about how bad it is. Then she tells this story: For Christmas the mother in law got her son (the girl's husband) some really nice clothes and a $100 gift card. The daughter in law got a garbage can and butterfly toilet paper holder, complete with a roll of toilet paper, wrapped in a garbage bag. Well there was nothing anyone could say to make her feel better about that one. So I guess she really wasn't exaggerating. So anyway, basically the class is just 45 minutes of chatter and a few bicycle kicks, cross country skis, frogs, and laps with a kick board thrown in there. Hopefully I will get some benefit from it besides being reminded of how lucky I am in the in-law department. But if not, that is ok, too.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Prenatal Class
So here is my newest hobby, although we don't look quite that synchronized. I have started a prenatal aquatics class at St. Vincent's that meets twice a week. Last Thursday was my first class. I wasn't too sure what to expect. The instructor told me on the phone that it was all pregnant women, so I wasn't too nervous about donning a bathing suit for the first time in many, many months. There were only 5 of us there, all pregnant gals, so it was kind of fun. Very laid back. All we (well really they...I'm kind of anti-social when I first meet people) did was talk about pregnancy/baby related things, which was kind of nice because I know people who aren't expecting get so sick of talking about doctors visits, nurseries, due dates, day cares, etc. Also, a hot topic of conversation was mother-in-laws. I really didn't have anything to add to that part of the conversation because luckily I am blessed with a wonderful one (and she doesn't read this, so I'm not just saying that). And when I hear stories from other people about their in laws, it makes me count my lucky stars that mine are so normal! For example, one girl in the class, started complaining about how her mother in law didn't like her, and how she has tried everything to get her to like her. Well I kept thinking, surely she is exaggerating about how bad it is. Then she tells this story: For Christmas the mother in law got her son (the girl's husband) some really nice clothes and a $100 gift card. The daughter in law got a garbage can and butterfly toilet paper holder, complete with a roll of toilet paper, wrapped in a garbage bag. Well there was nothing anyone could say to make her feel better about that one. So I guess she really wasn't exaggerating. So anyway, basically the class is just 45 minutes of chatter and a few bicycle kicks, cross country skis, frogs, and laps with a kick board thrown in there. Hopefully I will get some benefit from it besides being reminded of how lucky I am in the in-law department. But if not, that is ok, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Does crazy Helen still teach that class?
Oh yeah, she's crazy as ever! She is quite the character!
Post a Comment