Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Baby John- 36 Weeks

36w3d


I am now actually 37 weeks so this is really an update of the past two weeks. Week 35 ended up being fairly eventful for me. Right after John and I got back from a weekend away to Reynold's Plantation/Lake Oconee, I was up for several hours during the night with contractions. I was already on edge because I had a little scare while we were gone and thought labor might be starting. So those two things made me call the doctor on Monday. The nurse scheduled me to come in Tuesday morning since I was not scheduled to come in that week. Turns out that I had been having some contractions because I was 2cm and 50%. Since I was only 35w1d, the doctor cautioned me about taking it easy because they would have to stop labor if it started any earlier than 36 weeks. That Friday around 5:30pm, I started having contractions again. We ate dinner and then I laid down in order to monitor things. I called Chris to warn her that we may need her to keep the girls. The contractions weren't bad, but after they had been going on for nearly two hours, I decided to call the nurse on call. She said since I wasn't 36 weeks yet and since it is my third baby, she thought I should go in just to get checked out. It was close to 8pm at this point, so Craig came and picked up the girls to spend the night, and John and I headed to the hospital. Of course as soon as they hooked me up to the monitor, I pretty much stopped contracting. :/ I think I had like 3 contractions the whole time we were there. So frustrating, but I was glad he did not come early!

At my 36 week appt last week, even though I had some mild contractions off and on that week, I had had no change from the week prior. I was kind of bummed and surprised to hear that, but again, I kept having to remind myself that he is better off the longer he stays put. The rest of the appointment was uneventful. I was measuring closer to 37 weeks, and I have gained about 21 lbs total so far.

I am just so beyond ready to have him here in my arms! When I can't sleep at night, my mind starts wandering and my anxieties and fears get the best of me. I really am trying to enjoy these last few weeks. I love feeling his kicks and cherish this special time with him. I love how much Curran loves feeling him kick and hiccup- she gets so tickled! And SC is just so obsessed with him and my big ol' belly. And I also know life is much easier with him where he is! :) So I am trying not to wish it away too much.

I decided to take a few pics of his nursery today. Forgive the quality, the lighting was not good. We didn't change much from when it was Sallie's room.

I did get curtains made because the valance we had in there before was pink.

We are also borrowing a crib from Christopher and Craig instead of using our old brown one. The bedding is the same that we used with both Curran and Sallie.

The baby animal prints above the bed are new- I got them from Etsy.

This little pillow was my brother's. :)



I hung my blue jay Gracelaced print above the rocker. 


We are ready for this little guy any time!!

1 comment:

Emily Ferris said...

Eventful is right ... & LOVE the nursery! Come on baby John!