Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Baby John- 38 Weeks

38w3d


Not much news this week. I had all that action at 35 weeks and have had zero change since then. Still hanging tight at 2 cm/50%. Last week I was measuring smaller {36.5 weeks} than I was the week before, so I was hoping that meant he had shifted lower some. Today I was measuring right on track at 38 weeks. I have gained 24-25 lbs which is exactly what I gained with both girls. I was hoping to gain less this time since I started out weighing more, but I guess my body is just wired to gain at this rate no matter what. I was still exercising a lot in the beginning {before all my Braxton-Hicks started making it nearly impossible}, and didn't start gaining weight until halfway through the second trimester, though, which is different than with the girls.

We went ahead and set my induction date for next Thursday, Sept 22. I am so excited to know that he will be here in one week no matter what!!! But I do hope he decides to come on his own before then. After the false alarms at 35 weeks, I was really hoping I wouldn't have to be induced this time. Well, clearly I don't have to be, but I am at the point where I am so anxious about something happening and just need him in my arms. And it brings a lot of peace of mind to know we have a firm plan to make sure the girls are taken care of and that the grandparents can all come in town for the birth. Curran was SO excited to tell her class today that her brother will be here in a week! Cute story- my sister went to school to eat lunch with my niece the other day and stayed to visit with Curran during her lunch and took her dessert. She had my nephew with her, so all Curran's classmates kept asking their teacher "Is that Baby John?!" Clearly Curran talks about him all the time, and her sweet friends are just as excited as she is!

I have been having some contractions, mostly at night, although clearly they aren't doing anything productive! I have lots of normal aches and pains and am not sleeping great at all. Some days by mid-afternoon, I feel like I can't function because of my lack of sleep. But other days I am able to power through just fine. But for the most part, I do still feel pretty good. I feel like the biggest thing is that I am thirsty all the time! I always have water with me even when not pregnant, but I crave ice cold drinks all the time. I have been doing some damage to sweet tea if I eat lunch out, and I have gotten in a bad habit of buying the Simply Limeade from the grocery store. That will be a sad habit to have to break once the baby comes and I need to worry about the sugar I'm consuming. :) {Not that I shouldn't worry now, but ya know...I don't}

This is likely my last baby post before I have him, so I thought I would list the things I will miss most about being pregnant:

* Feeling my precious baby move {I may have mentioned that a time or twenty}- I am never ceased to be amazed by the miracle that is pregnancy
* John's foot/leg/back rubs- he says they won't end once I deliver, but this ain't my first rodeo, and I know it's a lot harder to say no to your wife who is carrying your child
* Sallie's relationship with my belly and her baby brother in utero
* The kind attention and excited comments from strangers

Things I won't miss:

* sciatica
* the burning/numb pain I have from where he lies on a nerve
* needing a forklift to turn over at night
* making a million trips to the restroom during the night
* sobriety :) :)


Come on, Baby John! We cannot wait to meet you!!! <3 br="">

1 comment:

Emily Ferris said...

If you're induced, it will be the day before Tripp's birthday! Come on, baby John!