Beth Hart did the invitation and I thought it turned out SO cute! I had her combine ideas from two different invitations she had on her website. She also did the cupcake toppers seen below.
We kept the party very small, and really we had to because the tumblebus has limited space. C's 2nd birthday party was huge because it was the first year we invited her classmates, and she had 17 of them, plus with our friends' kids, it was just crazy. So it was limited this year, and it was the least stressed I have ever been about a party. I reused all old decorations and didn't make any food or anything. The only thing that stressed me out was the weather! I watched it like a hawk for the ten days leading up to the party. I originally wanted to have the party on the patio, but when the forecast looked grim, I went ahead and changed plans to have it in the garage. I was super bummed, but it worked out fine. We haven't had the best luck with party weather. It rained last year right when we were about to hunt eggs, and I think it has rained the day of Curran's {outdoor} parties for two years.
The set up in the garage. We had Chick Fil A nuggets, fruit, pirate's booty, and cupcakes.
SC was a little overwhelmed at first, but once she warmed up, she had a BALL!
Of course Cousin Sinclair loved it!
Catching some air on the trampoline.
Cousin Becket had a blast too!
My amazing talented friend, Prim, made SC's birthday outfit. I had seem a similar outfit using that adorable vintage fabric on Instagram and showed it to Prim, who of course said "That's easy!" and next thing I knew, she had texted me that she had found that fabric online.
Curran and her BFF climbing the rock wall.
I caught SC hugging Curran. Such a rare, sweet moment.
All the kids got medals at the end of the party, and SC got to go stand on the "podium." :)
She started quickly melting after they were done on the bus, so we rushed through lunch to go ahead and sing happy birthday and have cupcakes. Hence the mouthful of chicken nugget. All of my pictures from us signing to her pretty much look like this. Oops.
I was so surprised she actually blew the candles out! I thought for sure she would get upset when everyone was singing to her, but she did fine and knew just what to do with the candles.
Unfortunately she didn't eat a bite of her cupcake and spent the remainder of the party crying on my shoulder. {I knew she wasn't acting like herself, and after a 3.5 hr nap, she woke up with a fever.}
My camera died before we could get a family picture, so this is from my sister's cell, so it's blurry. :(
We had such a fun morning celebrating our sweet girl!! Maybe next year it won't rain on her party day! :)

















1 comment:
SO cute!! I LOVE the invitation!! I made the tulle table skirt for Aubrey's last birthday party, and then I just reused it for Alaina's party. It wasn't hard at all - just time consuming. I bought a roll of that stretchy stuff that is sometimes used for baby headbands from Hobby Lobby. Then I just looped tulle through about every 3rd or 4th hole of the stretchy stuff. I did have to hot glue the skirt to the table to make it stay, but we used plastic tablecloths, so that wasn't a problem. Hope this helps!
Post a Comment