Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 12, 2013

Sallie Cate's Birthday Party

Christopher and I decided to do a joint party for Sinclair (who turned 2) and Sallie Cate this year since their birthdays are only 10 days apart. I had mixed feelings about it because I really wanted SC to have her own special day since both Curran and Sinclair got theirs. But the more we talked about it, it just made more sense to do a joint party so our parents weren't having to come into town two weekends in a row; we have the same group of friends so the guest list would be identical, and plus, the theme was Chris' idea so I would have had to come up with a new idea! :) 

My only requirement was that we use Erin to do the invitation. She has done all of Curran's, so it's a tradition I want to continue as long as she's in the paper biz. :) I LOVED the invitation she came up with! So cute!



Clearly we went with an Easter theme since we had the party Easter weekend. We used a lot of things left over from Sinclair's first birthday, so we really didn't have to buy too much. And I made all of the banners except the 'Happy Birthday' one {that was Sinclair's from last year and matched the color scheme perfectly}. I have a bazillion pictures so bear with me. 


Peep Pops :: iced cookies from Icing on the Cookie
SC's smash cake from Olexa's :: cupcakes from Sam's with toppers made by Erin

PB&J bunnies :: carrots and hummus
white chocolate covered strawberries {"carrots"} :: berry baskets

I made the Easter bunting on the top left. The ball garland above it was from Sinclair's party last year :: I made the moss S last year for Sinclair's party.



I made the banners and painted the numbers above their highchairs. The party hats were leftover from last year, and I just made the '1' tag to cover up "Happy Birthday Sinclair."

I tried to keep the table simple and easy. I have a collection of ceramic eggs from childhood, and SC and Curran now have a few as well, so I used those with moss as decoration in the centerpiece. My mom and I did simple some flowers, and I also decorated with my and the girls' Wolfe birds and bunnies {it's a Mississippi thing :) }.
{and photo cred to my cousin who took the bottom right pic of my dining room}

I saw Erika post a picture of that bunny dessert stand on Instagram and couldn't resist getting it for the party! My mom gave my sister and me those paper napkins {bottom left} last year at Easter and they matched perfectly. Straws leftover from Sinclair's party last year.


I made the pin the tail on the rabbit game using my Cricut. I don't think anyone played but Curran and Lillian  {I just wanted to have something to do in case it rained- which it did, but the kids didn't mind} :: Chris and I had this grand {pinterest-inspired} plan to make bunny ears, and it ended up being way more work than we planned, but we did make a few. Of course didn't turn out as cute as Pinterest :: Some cookies wrapped up as favors for the grown-ups :: Kids' favors on the top left. Easter egg sidewalk chalk in cute felt Easter pails that I found in the dollar section at Target :: Sinclair's birthday banner from last year

{top right} Favor tags by Erin
{bottom right} Sallie Cate's monthly birthday pictures

We had planned on doing the Easter Egg Hunt towards the end of the party, but the forecast was predicting rain to get worse later in the afternoon, so we did it once everyone got there. It did start sprinkling on us, but I think the kids still had fun.

We wanted to get a shot of everyone wearing their bunny ears. You can guess how that went.

Then we did sang happy birthday and did SC's smash cake. 

I thought this picture of C's BFF Lillian was funny.









SC liked her cake, but she definitely didn't dive right in. She meticulously picked off almost every polka dot. Finally I cut into the cake so she could pick a piece up, but I'm not sure she ever got a bite of actual cake.


Then she literally started smashing it.
{and I had given her some other snacks at this point because she seemed to be hungry but not for cake}

Then we sang happy birthday to Sinclair.

She didn't hold back.


Somebody's two!


SC with Aunt Mary after a bath and outfit change


My sweet cousin Cindy came into town and spoiled the girls rotten! She took Sinclair and Curran to have their nails painted the morning of the party, and then took them to lunch. 

Curran has showed off her nails to everyone since!

Daddy and Mama with the birthday girl!


Love my precious girls!


I hate we didn't get a picture of the birthday girls together. We had so much fun celebrating our sweet girls!! We are so thankful for their precious lives and for the friends and family who helped to make the day so special!

I have so much fun planning birthday parties and am already working on Curran's {in July!}. Call me crazy!

2 comments:

Lora G said...

Such a elegant yet fun party theme!

Morgan Robinson said...

Wow! Looks like a wonderful party! Hate to have missed the celebration!!