Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 5, 2014

24 Months Old!

Sallie Cate turned 24 months old on Wednesday, but I wanted to wait to post her 24 month update until she had been to the doctor for her checkup. And this will be the last monthly update I post on my baby. I will still do occasional updates during the year, but not as much changes at this age. I quit doing Curran's at 24 months as well.



At her appointment yesterday, she weighed 25 1/2 lbs and was 34 inches tall. She was actually in the 50th percentile for both, and I was surprised! She has been at least 75th percentile for height for all but two of her well checks {when she was 60th one time and 35th another- thinking that 35th might have been a mistake??}, but she has never been close to 50th percentile in weight. She wears mostly 24 month things with some 18 mo and 2T thrown in the mix. She has a size 7 shoes and still wears a size 4 diaper. Potty training is not on the horizon any time soon. 

She doesn't mind selfies, but otherwise hates when I take her picture.


She did great at her appointment! She did scream bloody murder when the nurse measured her head circumference and her height, but she didn't even flinch with they pricked her finger to check her hematocrit and didn't cry when she got her vaccine. Crazy girl. I was shocked and so proud! :) She also did great answering Dr. D's questions, although she whispered the answers while her head was buried against my chest. Unfortunately we learned at her appt that her tubes have fallen out. They are still in her ear canals but no longer in her eardrums. She had an ear infection a couple of weeks ago that I just treated with drops since it was draining. Well, I thought it was her tubes allowing it to drain, but no, her eardrum had actually ruptured! Apparently her tubes had already fallen out and she had a bad ear infection that caused the rupture. I feel terrible but had no idea. Looking back, right before her ear started draining, there were several nights she woke up around 10pm crying hysterically. She NEVER does that, but I was sick myself, so I just didn't give much thought to it. I'm guessing that's when it happened. I am calling ENT on Monday to schedule an appt to see if he thinks we should put another set of tubes in.

She accidentally dropped her sucker on the floor at the doctor's office, so she got another one. Then this little stinker did it again on purpose when she was tired of the second one so she could get a third.


For Sallie's birthday on Wednesday, we woke her up with singing and donuts. 


 She had cupcakes at school with her class, and Curran got to join them, so she was excited about that. Then John and I picked the girls up after school and took them to Chick Fil A for dinner and ice cream. SC was kind of a mess but overall I think she had a good time. But I did have to climb up the play structure twice to get her. Once because a kid accidentally hit her in the head, and another time because she wanted me to go down the slide with her and didn't understand why I couldn't {or wouldn't}. 


My plan is to take her paci away after Easter. We are going to my parents' house that weekend and haven't been there in a year, so I want her to sleep well there and will then take it away afterwards {inset every scary- and crying-faced emoji here}. Our dentist likes them gone by two, so that is the only motivation I have. Her teeth are sticking out a little, so I do want to do it sooner rather than later, but ughhhh. I am dreading it. She is SUCH a good sleeper, and I don't want to do anything to disrupt that. I got rid of Curran's at 22 months and she did fine, but she and SC are completely different kids. So we shall see.

We turned her car seat forward facing last weekend. She never had much of a problem facing backwards but does seem to like this better.


Every month she talks more and more. She is using a few more phrases like "Whatcha doing, Mama?" "What's that?" "Where's Curran?" etc, but she still uses single words most of the time to tell stories. For example, she had a bad fall at school a couple of weeks ago, and it must have been traumatic because she is still talking about it. She'll say, "See-saw. I fell {in a very drawn-out, Southern accent}. Nose. Hurt. Ice. Allison." So you can gather what happened. She was running and tripped and went head first into the see-saw. She hit her nose and bruised it really, really badly. Ms. Allison is her teacher who got her ice and fixed her up. Before her birthday party, she would say "Party! Cake! Ice Ceam!" But she does speak in full sentences some too. "I like dat coffee!" She really does like to take sips of my coffee. :) It's funny to hear the things you say a lot repeated back you by your toddler. I must have used to say "oooh wee" a lot when I picked her up, because she says now almost every time I pick her up. Cracks me up. She has started saying "Hi, Mister. What you doing, Mister?" I have no idea where she got that but it tickles me every time she says it.

First piggies done by her teacher. She melted after I took this picture because she did not want me photographing her.

She can say the alphabet and gets most of the letters right. I've heard her count to 14 but she might be able to go higher. She knows the names of all the colors but only gets them right about half of the time. She is really good with pink but that's about the only sure bet. She knows the words to lots of songs, and I love to hear her sing. Dare I say she is now more obsessed with Frozen than Curran? {I never thought C would get tired of it, but she has.} SC says "Watch Frozen pretty please?" about 50 times a day, and she loves singing along. 

She is very into exerting her independence these days. If I help her with something, like getting out of the car for example, she will climb back in and say "I hop down myself." Or after she does something by herself she'll say "I did it! All by self!" She likes putting her own clothes on, brushing her teeth, washing her hands, etc all by herself.

We have been going to story time at the library on Saturdays for a long time {it's for children of all ages}, and SC really loves is. There is one on Mondays just for 24-36 month old kids that I used to take C to all the time, so I decided I am going to take just SC by herself. Curran stays home with our sitter who helps me out for a few hours on Mondays. I figured SC and I needed some special time together, and we enjoy it.  
This was last Monday.

She is still our great eater, and if it's something that is on mine or Johns' plate, chances are she will eat it- salad and taco soup are things I can immediately think of. She loves ice water these days and requests it all the time. I haven't made the switch to 2% milk yet, but I guess we will do that soon. 



Happy 24 months, Sallie! We love you so much and are so thankful for TWO incredible years with you!!


1 comment:

Lora G said...

A lot of this reminds me of Lu. She can't stand for me to take her picture either, she says "no, no pitchers!" ha! The pigtails are so stinkin cute, what a big girl! Happy Birthday SC!