Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Happy Birthday, Sallie Cate!



My sweet Sallie,

Today you are two! I can hardly believe it. I love reflecting back on this day in 2012. I will never forget the feeling of seeing you for the first time and cradling you in those precious moments right after you were born. I will never forget how much I loved that time in the hospital when it was just you, me, and Daddy.  I wanted to hold you and never put you down. My life was forever changed and even more enriched on the day you were born.



You have changed so much in this last year. You went from a very sweet, complacent, easy baby, to a strong-willed, energetic, opinionated toddler. You are still my sweet mama's girl and always will be, but we have our fair share of drama as well. You are quickly leaving the baby stage, and it breaks my heart a little. In my experience, it is easier to allow your first child to grow up. Each new stage is exciting to watch. And while I love watching you grow as well, it's a little harder to accept these changes when I still think of you as my little baby. I love the moments at night when you lie on my shoulder and let me rock and sing to you. I like to imagine that you are still an infant. Some nights you are cuddlier than others, so I cherish the moments when you are still and quiet. You request a set list, and I always comply. Sometimes you interrupt my song with "no, no, no!" and demand another song to be sung. My favorite is when you request "I love you, Sallie." The words go:

I love you, Sallie.
Oh yes I do.
I love you, Sallie.
This much is true.
When I'm not with you, I'm blue.
Oh Sallie, I love you.

I used to sing it to you right when I laid you down in bed, but they you caught on that that song signaled bed time, so you would get upset when I started singing it. But now you are back to asking for it again, although more often these days you request "I love you, Curran" or "I love you, Daddy." 



Sallie Cate, you make us laugh so hard. You make us love so deeply. We are so incredibly blessed that God chose us to be your parents. You and your sister make every day worth living. I constantly pray for God's grace, wisdom, and patience over my parenting. And I pray that you will never doubt for one second how much we love and cherish you. 

Happy 2nd birthday, our precious girl! We love you!




2 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

Sweetest post for the sweetest little girl! Happy Birthday, Cakers!

Lora G said...

Sweet sweet post! Happy birthday cakers!