A couple of weeks ago, we took Curran to Atlanta to see Mary Poppins. She loves the movie and quotes it/sings the songs all the time, so we knew she would love the play. We left Sallie Cate here with a babysitter and just made a day trip.
We left Saturday morning and Curran was so excited! Here she is with her bug trap full of princesses. :)
She was so excited to be there!
We figured we'd take her to The Varsity to eat lunch since she loves hot dogs, but we didn't realize the Final Four tournament would be in town that weekend, and we were worried about traffic, so we just ate at a place across the street from the Fox Theater. Curran got to have her first Shirley Temple and was so excited! {And she loves the real Shirley Temple so she was just slightly confused about the name. :) }
This was when she spotted the Mary Poppins sign across the street.
Cross-eyed McGhee excited about her Shirley Temple
Waiting on the play to start
Popcorn treat at Intermission
We all really enjoyed the play! However, in the middle of the second act, the electrical system that moved the sets around broke down, so there was a 50 minute delay! We were less than thrilled about this since we needed to get back to B'ham to relieve our babysitter, and we also didn't want to get stuck in the basketball traffic. John wanted to leave but I wanted to wait it out. The tickets were so expensive, not to mention I hated to miss the end! We couldn't agree and then finally we just decided to leave. I took C to the bathroom before we left, but by the time we came out, they had everything working again, so we got to finish it! I missed a few songs because I had to call our babysitter and give her dinner and bedtime instructions for Cakers, though.
The delay definitely put a damper on things, but overall we had a great time, and I really treasure when I get to have one on one time with each of my girls! Curran was so sweet and gracious, and we truly enjoyed sharing that special day with her!











1 comment:
Cross-eyed McGhee, lol! She's looking more and more like you!
Post a Comment