John and I quickly put together Easter bunny stuff before we crashed Saturday night. I don't do too much for Easter. Most everything came from Target {yay for the $1 bin!} except a couple of things.
We went to early church so we did Easter bunny stuff very quickly before we had to get ready. It started off fine, and C was SO excited about her Little People princesses. Cousin Sinclair has them so I knew she would love them. But it quickly went South as C started whining about something SC got that she didn't. Never mind that they basically got the same things. But C got a little stuffed pig and SC got a duck and C just HAD to have both because how in the world could she have a pig without a ducky friend. And she got a snack trap with her name on it and SC got a matching sippy cup. But oh my word 681 sippy cups aren't enough for one girl and she just needed another one with her name on it too. And then all of a sudden Curran started whining/screaming "oh I NEVER get ANYTHING!" Really?! Are we really old enough to utter that phrase? I thought it was reserved for the teenage years. The morning quickly dissolved and I ended up having to have the "there are lots of children around this world who don't get visits from the Easter bunny" talk.
But like my sister said, thank God that Jesus died for us and is RISEN so that in spite of our rotten attitudes, we still get to spend eternity with Him. But I still felt like screaming, "It's Easter, dammit!" a few times. :)
{before the meltdown}
SC was a happy camper and loved her new sippy cup the most
She was probably hoping there was something really yummy inside.
No pretty before-church pictures because we were racing out the door.
After church, we had lunch over at my sister's house. Despite my pleas for a "simple" lunch {read: paper plates}, my mom has a hard time making a holiday simple {It's Easter, dammit}, so it ended up being really nice, but I didn't have to do too much work, so that was doubly nice.
blurry but happy girl
sister/cousin huddle
Sweet {quiet} Becket hasn't gotten much blog time lately, but before too long I'm sure she'll be making her presence more known.
These two are really enjoying each other and are so sweet. I have a feeling they are going to be pretty tight one day.
caught holding hands
love these girls!
Big being a good sport
After we came home, I tried to get some pics of the girls together. This was the best I got.
Someone found some bunny ears leftover from the party.
We let Curran and Sinclair hunt eggs, but Sinclair wasn't too interested in carrying her basket around, so C got them all, I think.
Attempt at a family shot- end of the day, no make up, stained clothes, John was in gym shorts. Whatcha gonna do?
Then SC and Sinclair opened their birthday presents. SC loves her new chair, but she makes me a nervous wreck climbing on that thing! She has already fallen off and hit her head with me standing right there.
We had a wonderful day spending time with our families and are so thankful for the reason we celebrate!








No comments:
Post a Comment