Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 2, 2013

13 Months Old

My CakerBoo is 13 months old today! She is just a busy little bee these days and thinks she is such a big girl. She is definitely entering into that stage where she is a little more difficult: harder to entertain, more easily frustrated, etc. But overall she is still my sweet girl!




I don't think I ever put her 12 month stats on here. She was 18 lbs 10 oz {15th percentile} and 28 3/4 " long {30th percentile}. So she is still my tiny tot and just a little bit smaller than Curran was at her age. She wears mostly 9 or 12 month clothes with a few 18 months mixed in there. She is still in a size 3 diaper. 




I don't feel like too terribly much has changed in the last month. Her newest word is "night night" and it's so cute when she says it. She has said "mama" more often with meaning and most definitely says "dada" with intent. She sounds like she says "yeah" but I'm not certain about that one, although my sister swears she does. 

She has gotten to where she doesn't want to be put down to go to sleep. As soon as I tell her it's time to go night night, she buries her head on my shoulder and holds onto me so tight. She has definitely gotten more cuddly at night in an effort to stall bedtime, so now we sing or read a book before I put her in bed. She may cry out once but usually quiets down pretty quickly. Her morning nap is the easiest time to put her down; she usually doesn't make a peep and falls right asleep. She still takes two naps per day, usually around 9/9:30 and 1/1:30 and goes to bed between 6-7pm. She sleeps until 6:30/7am most days, although when she wakes up she is typically very quiet so I don't know she's awake until I look at the monitor.


{excuse the terrible lighting/shadows in these pics}


She is a great eater and eats most things we give her. She's not crazy about vegetables, though, so that stresses me out some. Her favorite fruits are strawberries, blueberries, and peaches. She loves yogurt and cheese. She also really likes chicken, which Curran did not at this age {nor did I really give it to her despite that fact that she had four times more teeth than SC has now :) }. She is still getting breastmilk four times per day and will be until I run out. She has had cow's milk a few times and likes it fine. She is still taking a bottle and I will worry about giving that up when I use up all my breastmilk. She gets a sippy cup of water or cow's milk at meals.

She is finally getting some more teeth! Her top middle two starting coming through right after her birthday, and the ones beside those are showing but haven't quite broken through her gums.




Sister is active and loves to climb anything- stairs, furniture, etc. She loves to hide/play in her closet {see pic below}. And she loves her Pottery Barn chair. She has finally learned to climb out of it backwards instead of diving off headfirst. 


{heading into the closet}


Her hair- lawdy, I don't know what to do with it. She definitely has the same hairline I did at that age- she's rockin' a nice little mullet. But the curls. We aren't exactly sure where those came from, but they're out of control. Her hair is curliest after school, but it just sticks straight up most days and is VERY poof-y. I feel like she always looks like a mess.

{tried to get a pic of the curly mullet but it's blurry}


She loves her sister but is also slightly afraid of her. :) When C comes running at her, SC immediately turns and tries to run the other direction or buries her head in my legs if I'm nearby. She squeals with laughter but I think she's also terrified because she doesn't know what C is planning on doing, and C can be pretty rough. But overall they have a great time playing together.


{sweet most of the time}





I can't believe my itty baby is a full-fledged toddler! Where has the time gone? Happy 13 months, Sallie Cate! We love you!!



No comments: