I had my checkup on Monday and got "gold stars" as my doctor put it. My weight gain has been good, BP and blood work looked good, etc. Sallie Cate's heart rate was 142. She asked if the baby had good movement and I answered that this child was definitely a mover and a shaker. She lifted my shirt to measure my stomach and started laughing and said, "You aren't kidding!" That baby was just kicking and rolling away! She also had to remind me to do things that haven't even crossed my mind this go 'round, but I know I had done probably by 20 weeks with C {pre-registering for admission online, sign John up for CPR classes, thoughts on cord blood banking, etc}.
I had to do my glucose screening and haven't heard back, so I'm assuming I don't have "the sugar". :) In typical second pregnancy fashion, I didn't read any of the paper work beforehand assuming I remembered everything. I stopped to pick up some muffins to take to my friend Samantha who was graciously watching Curran for me, and I got one for myself to eat after my blood was drawn. I also got a coffee thinking I could drink it while I was waiting on the dr. Well, as soon as I pulled out from the coffee shop, my full, piping hot cup of coffee spilled all over the floorboard in front of Curran's car seat {thank goodness it didn't get on her}. So I dropped her off at Sam's and went to a drive-thru place for another cup. Once I got to the hospital, I decided I better actually read the paperwork they had given me. So um yeah, nothing to eat or drink after midnight {check}, and nothing for the hour after you drink the glucose drink, including water, gum, etc. Well duh. Why didn't I remember that? So I wasted my time buying not one but two cups of coffee I couldn't even drink. Then after they drew my blood they said no sugar for the rest of the day. So I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to eat that huge
Not much has changed since my 28 week update- still feeling pretty well except for lots o' heartburn and Braxton-Hicks. I am starting to get pretty uncomfortable, but I'm trying not to complain about that too much. :)
Here is a pic Sam texted me of the kids going on a walk that morning.
{testing out their new double stroller}
Curran LOVES "Baby Sam" and always asks to go see him. :) Baby Sam is going to have a little brother the month after Sallie Cate gets here, so we will be excited to have a new friend! And Curran won't be able to call Sam "baby" too much longer!





No comments:
Post a Comment