Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

28 weeks

I figured I would do one of those weekly pregnancy survey things that everyone else does because it's hard for me to remember points I want to mention.



How Far Along: 28 weeks

Size of the Baby: About 2 1/4 lbs, about the size of a Chinese Cabbage {according to BabyCenter}

Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of my last appt I was up 11 pounds. I think I had gained more weight at this point with Curran, but my tum tum is definitely bigger this go 'round {even though both pregnancies I have always measured exactly on track- weird how that can be}.

Maternity Clothes: Yep. For a long time now. I still have some regular shirts and sweaters I can wear, but for the most part it is all maternity. My pj's are even starting to get a little snug, and I had to go get some bigger sweat pants at Wal-Mart this week. :) It's definitely different being pregnant in the Winter vs the Spring/Summer like last time.

Movement: The girl has been a mover and a shaker for a long time now. There are a lot of nights where I worry that I won't be able to fall asleep because she is moving so much. And now it's those big, rolling movements instead of kicks and jabs. But I finally convinced C to feel her move. I think she was weired out at first but then thought it was neat. Now she'll lift up my shirt and say that she needs to check on the baby. :)

Gender: It's a girl! Sallie Catherine Quinn

Sleep: I've mentioned before that I'm not a great sleeper anyway, so pregnancy just makes it a little worse. It's a small price to pay, though. :) I just have trouble getting comfortable, and I toss and turn to fall asleep and that's a little harder with a big ol' belly to maneuver. And my best little buddy is still waking us up at night.

What I Miss: Not having horrible reflux/heartburn, but other than that I am really enjoying this pregnancy.

Cravings: Can't say that I really have any.

Symptoms: Terrible heartburn and lots of Braxton-Hicks that are fairly painful.

Best Moment This Week: Getting the study/playroom cleaned out and organized for C. She loves it! And of course I always love feeling her move around.

I'm adding this one- Least Favorite Moment This Week: I had a patient yesterday who I haven't seen in a while who kept going on and on about how big I am. She asked if I was sure I wasn't having twins. Then she kept saying how she couldn't believe I still have 12 more weeks. I finally said, "Well, I'm measuring right on track." Her response: "REALLY?!?!" It's not that I really care how big or small I am, it's just that it never ceases to amaze me that people don't think they're being rude when they go on and on about how big you are. I mean, I would NEVER do that to someone.

What I am Looking Forward To: In the short-term, getting SC's nursery worked on! We have yet to do a THING because we are having to do redo the closet in her room, so until that gets done we can't paint or move any furniture in there. In the long-term, I just CANNOT wait to see her sweet face. The anticipation of her birth just feels so different this time compared to last time. I know it will be stressful having two kids, having to get up every two hours, being completely exhausted and being a hormonal wreck, dealing with toddler/jealousy issues, etc. BUT, for some reason, all I think about are the happy moments. I'm not trying to be naive to the stresses I know I will encounter, but right now I'm choosing not to focus on that. I can't even articulate the excitement I feel at seeing her being born, holding and feeding her for the first time, introducing her to her big sister, and just enjoying that newborn time that goes by much too quickly! NOW, in about 13-14 weeks, someone remind me I said all that. :)

4 comments:

Lora G said...

You are TINY! I meant to write that on your last belly entry. I totally agree about the heartburn/indigestion and difficulty with winter clothes. I think it was definitely easier in the summer! Can't believe she'll be here before you know it! P.S. Tell Kat I love her and JL's guest appearances on here :)

Elizabeth said...

You do look great, I've had to buy extra clothes this go round too. I am a horrible sleeper too and that is part of motherhood I hate. I'm looking forward to using a co-sleeper attached to our bed so I won't spend half my night in a hard glider this go round:)

Brooke said...

SO sweet!! And don't worry about your rude patient. You look ADORABLE!!!! I tagged you in a fun little get to know you better linky post. Play along if you have time and would like to! Miss you!! xoxo!!

Cat said...

I somehow got to your blog from Between you & me and just wanted to say hi! I live in Birmingham and your family is adorable! Your little girl is precious. :) Blessings, cat (www.catdmoore.com)