I'm not sure why I only remember to take a pic once I'm in my pj's and have washed my face. Also, please forgive the mess that always appears in the background. I feel much bigger in real life and even wore maternity pants to work when I was 9 weeks! I was just really uncomfortable that week for some reason, but I have since returned to my regular wardrobe. But the maternity clothes will probably be a permanent fixture pretty soon!
I think I am starting to feel a little better. I'll have several good hours where I think that the nausea is gone, and then it will hit like a ton of bricks. I actually got sick on Tuesday morning before work for the first time in 5 weeks, so that was kind of strange. Hopefully that was the last time! I've had some bad headaches, too, much like last time.
I still have an aversion to cooking anything or smelling many warm foods, so we're basically surviving on take out. I have had a few very specific cravings {like the two different times when I just HAD to go to Milo's- so random, and if you live in Alabama you know how sketch the food is} or when I craved Japanese steak house. Never mind that by the time I made John go all the way across town to get it, I could hardly eat a bite once he got it home. This past week I have been craving macaroni and cheese. Not the blue box kind but like good, homemade, baked mac n' cheese.
Curran Update:
The biggest news with Curran is that she is now sleeping in her big girl bed {most of the time}! And it was totally her own doing! We've always had a twin bed in her room, but it really hasn't done more than hold clothes waiting to be folded or put away. Sometimes when she wakes up crying in the middle of the night, John will crawl into the twin bed with her before putting her back into her bed, or one or two times he fell asleep so they stayed the night in it. Well Friday a week ago, I was having such a hard time getting her to go down for her nap, so after about an hour, I said I would lie down in the "big girl bed" with her. {That what she calls it as she knows she'll be sleeping in it when the new baby comes.} Well, she fell right asleep, and then requested to sleep in it again Friday night. I let her, but I was a nervous wreck since there was no bed rail up, and I was scared she would fall onto the hard floor and hurt herself {and the bed is fairly high off the ground}. So I was up lots throughout the night checking on her. She ended up waking up around 4am and getting out of the bed, and I didn't feel like fighting a battle so I brought her into my room {John was out of town}.
On Saturday, I gave her the choice of the crib or big girl bed, and she chose the bed again. She actually fought her nap for 1.5 hrs, and after that I gave up because it was getting late. It was the first time in her life she has not taken a nap, and she had the attitude to prove it! I went and got a rail for the bed that evening, and she slept just fine that night {after fighting bed time for a while- nothing to do with the bed transition- we have been dealing with this for weeks now}. So since last Friday she has slept in her new bed every day except for three naps. We probably won't get rid of the crib for a while {well not until there's room for it in our guest room/the new baby's room}, and I still don't mind giving her the choice for a little bit longer. May not be a good pattern to start, but as long as she's sleeping, I really don't care where she does it.
These have been a tough few weeks with C. She has just had meltdown after meltdown for no reason at all {I didn't put enough toothpaste on her toothbrush, I didn't give her the right cup, I didn't put the right diaper on her- and I'm not talking tantrums, I'm talking MAJOR meltdowns}. It's been exhausting. Like want to pull my hair out and storm out of the house exhausting. But we've also managed to have some fun times too.
We made Fall/Halloween cookies last Monday, and she had so much fun. She would look at my handiwork and say, "That so GOOD, Mama!" I think 'good' is my favorite word she says because of the way she says it, like goo-ud. :)
Making cookies
And then enjoying the fruits of our labor.
A few weeks ago I took her to a store that was having a "princess" morning. They had Cinderella there and someone making balloon animals. C was thrilled about the idea before-hand but got pretty shy once we got there. She still had fun though.
We have been enjoying our double stroller. The girls love riding together!
C reached over and grabbed Sinclair's hand. :)
Cousin tummy time.
diapees", and burp them. Hopefully getting some good practice in! :)
A few funny things she's saying/doing:
-A few months ago she was obsessed with a Christmas book that plays Silent Night. The batteries died so it quit playing music. C was quite upset, and I kept having to remind her that it needed new batteries. Well one day she was getting out a sippy cup, and I told her to pick another one because that one didn't work {it leaks}, so she replied, "Oh. It need new batteries." :) I thought that was cute.
-Her BFF Lillian calls her "NayNays" for some reason. We have no idea where it came from. C has never seemed to have a problem with it, but last week, L was calling to C from across the street saying "Hey NayNays!" and C said, pointing to her chest, "I Curran. I not NayNays. I Curran!" Now she sometimes calls L "NayNays", so C must just think it's a term of endearment now.
-We always say that Sinclair is a happy girl, and my mom calls her Happy Jack a lot. I heard C talking to her dolls one day, and she was saying, "You a HAPPY girl!" She says it all the time now. I was telling my mom the story in the car last weekend, and she said to Curran, "Curran, are you a happy girl?" And she replied, "Noooooo. Clair a happy girl!" :)











1 comment:
That picture of C & S holding hands is just THE sweetest!! and you look great, ML!
Post a Comment