Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We had plans to go to the beach this past weekend, and even though we knew it would be rainy, we decided to still go. It won't go down as one of the best weekends of all time, but it was nice all being together. I hardly took any pictures, mostly because we didn't do anything worth documenting. I felt sick most of the time, and it was so stormy that we only left the house a handful of times. I did manage to read 3 1/2 books over the weekend, so that was nice.  If I wasn't sitting on the porch reading {while trying to avoid the noxious smells of cooking food in the house}, I was laid up in the bed. I had a pity party for myself on Saturday night as the rest of the family was eating at the dining room table while I was sitting right outside the window reading my book. I felt so guilty that everyone else was taking care of my child, feeding her and entertaining her, while I just moped around. It didn't help that my parents cooked the ONE thing I have had such an aversion to this pregnancy, even after I asked them to please not cook it. And it takes ALL day to cook, so I couldn't walk in the house without wanting to throw up because of the smell. I had to hold my shirt over my face, and yes, everyone was making fun of me for being so dramatic, but anyone who has had a pregnancy-related aversion can tell you how sick just the thought of that food can make you feel, not to mention the smell!

C had been getting sick while we were down there {really bad cough}, and on Saturday night she literally screamed the whole night and wouldn't lie down for more than 10 minutes at a time. So John and I took turns getting up with her until about 1:00am, and then he kindly took over for the rest of the night. Finally by about 3am I suggested we just put on Mickey Mouse and let her stay up. The only time she wasn't screaming was when I was holding her upright, so I figured she would be happy to sit up and watch TV. And I was right. It was the only time she perked up all night. So John and I finally slept a little while she watched TV {right outside our room}. I woke up periodically to check on her, and at one point looked out of our bedroom door to see her asleep on the hard brick floor. So I think she ended up getting about 2 hours of sleep. We decided to take her in to the ER Sunday morning because I assumed she had an ear infection {since she wasn't comfortable lying down}, and I didn't want to wait until Tuesday to see our regular doctor. She did indeed have one, so we got her started on antibiotics. We went to the same ER we went to Memorial Day last year, and while it's fairly close to our house and pretty quick, they just don't have a clue about pediatrics. The nurse was really sweet, but the PA couldn't understand why in the world C didn't get the concept of holding the thermometer all the way under her tongue while keeping her mouth closed. She's 2, mister! So then he insisted on doing a rectal temp despite my suggestion to just get an axillary. He jabbed her a bunch of times with the tongue depressor while trying to look at her throat, then suggested he give her an antibiotic that has diarrhea as a side effect. I had just told him how bad she has diarrhea along with a horrific diaper rash, so I suggested we just give her amoxicillin since she tolerates that well and it does the trick thankyouverymuch. So he agreed.

She perked up a little as the day went on, but still wasn't feeling great. After a long drive home on Monday through bad storms, we were glad to arrive safely at home Monday night!


Coloring on the porch with Big. I found some crayons and very old, yellowed loose leaf paper that has been down there since we were little, and it provided much entertainment for C. This was on Friday and was really the only day we could hang out outside due to the weather.

John took her down on the beach for about 5 minutes late that afternoon. But it was just way too windy to play in the sand.


Coloring with Sissy.


I found this pic on my camera, and I think Craig must have taken it of C through the glass door when he woke up Sunday morning. This is when she had fallen asleep on the floor. Po thang. And her mean mama just left her there. :( I figured as long as she was sleeping it didn't matter where it was!

Sweet Sinclair in her tube socks. :)


More coloring. I'm telling ya there just wasn't much else to do in that stormy weather! I'm pretty sure my sister wasn't awake to see Sinclair chewing on that crayon.




On Sunday when it quit raining for 5 minutes, C went out for a quick golf game with our friend Chris Lewis who stopped by. Look at that hair a blowin'! The wind was only about 40 mph!

It gave her the effect of having a stylish comb over look.

While not a perfect weekend, it was still nice to get away and relax a bit, and I'm thankful for any time spent with family.

3 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

LOVE the pic of C with her ponytail and pink bow!! precious! Hope you feel better soon!

Christopher said...

horrified that my husband would let my baby eat a crayon!! he won't let her look at the TV, but he will let her eat a crayon.

Brooke said...

I'm LOVING reading your "before we came out" posts! :) Can't wait for your new little bitty to join our play dates!! I have a medical question for you concerning our adoption. Could you email me your phone number whenever you get a chance? My email is brookemurphree@gmail.com. I'm hoping you might could help us out with some MRI information. Thanks SO much!! :)