Webb, Lillian, and Curran
The kids loved the swings and the slide, and it was so nice that they had 3 infant swings! So there were only a few tears shed over sharing them {a few tears shed by my child when asked to give someone else a turn}.
Today I took C to the mall to see the Easter bunny. Unfortunately he was taking his lunch break right as we got there, so we grabbed lunch ourselves. C spotted the Easter Bunny as he was walking away, so she spent our whole lunch saying, "Rabbit! Where's he?" with her hands upturned. It was pretty cute, but I knew as soon as it came time to sit on his lap, she wasn't going to be too fond of him anymore. So we stood in line for almost 30 minutes waiting for him to return. She kept inquiring as to the whereabouts of the rabbit, and I kept asking her if she was going to sit on his lap for a picture. Her response, always a resounding "YEAH!"
Here she is playing while waiting on the rabbit. She was full of energy and very excited.
But wouldn't ya know, as soon as that pesky rabbit returned to his throne, she freaked out and refused to sit on his lap, clinging so hard to me that I had no hope of even trying to set her down. So no picture with the Easter Bunny this year.
Then I decided she wasn't quite traumatized enough and took her for her first hair cut. I originally thought I would wait until closer to her 2nd birthday, but the shagginess was getting a little out of control. C surprised me and was SO good. I have never seen her be that still or quiet.
Before
I got a lump in my throat when I looked at her little baby hairs. :(
Very serious about that hair cut.
Looks much better!
She cheered up after we got back in the car and she got a sucker!
I sent a picture to John and he said he couldn't tell a difference. I think it looks cute! :)
Then we dyed some Easter eggs. This was my first experience boiling eggs. I forgot how much I hate that smell, and that combined with the smell of vinegar instantly brought back memories of dyeing eggs with my mother as a child.
My little helper.
Then she decided she had had enough and took her snack to the laundry basket.
Dyeing eggs was fun even though the colors didn't turn out exactly right. See below.
The red is really hot pink. That picture doesn't do justice to how neon it really is. And the "purple" isn't actually that dark in real life- more like a purplish-gray.
We're are looking forward to celebrating Easter here in Birmingham! Although I am so sad to not be going to Jackson like we normally do, I am excited to have everyone at my house this year!
I hope you all have a very wonderful Easter weekend!







1 comment:
Hi ML, Happy Easter! I used to hate boiling eggs too until I learned how to do it w/o overdoing it. That smell is caused by the green ring around the yolk when they are cooked too long and too hot. I cover the eggs in the water, bring it up to a hard boil, move them off the burner and cover them for 17 mins for large eggs, then they're done. I've gotten to be an expert as that is the only way Simeon will eat eggs and he won't eat meat so we have them often. I love her hair cut, it reminds me of yours from school!
Post a Comment