*Between Chris and me we took almost 800 pictures in TWO DAYS! So, I'm sorry there are so many pictures on here but I narrowed it down the best I could. :)
After a fun Friday, Saturday was spent trying to get ready for lunch on Sunday. Thank goodness my parents were in town to help me out! While I was cooking, John took C down the street for her first visit to the ice cream truck. The driver suggested John get the popsicle shown below because it was the "least staining" on clothes. You can tell he's been doing this a long time!
Saturday night we went over to Chris and Craig's house to eat supper. My Aunt Mary and Uncle Keith were in town, so they joined us, as well as my cousin Keith and his wife Abby.
Curran got some {supervised} snuggle time with her favorite cousin.
Looks a little guilty- like she may have been caught doing something??
Poor Sinclair- look at her terrified expression as she sees her cousin coming! :)
John, my brother Walter, my dad, Uncle Keith, Craig, and my cousin Keith
Chris, me, Abby, Aunt Mary, my mom
On Sunday morning, everyone came over to our house for breakfast and to watch C look through her basket and hunt eggs.
It looks like she got a lot but the only thing from the "Easter Bunny" {John and me} was the small basket on the right. The other gifts were from her teacher, aunts, uncles and grandparents.
She loved her bubbles and Mickey Mouse stickers from the Easter Bunny!
Then we went outside so she could hunt eggs.
These pictures got out of order but I don't have the energy to fix them. This is C chasing bubbles from her new toy.
Unfortunately as I was squatted down to take this picture, C nailed me with an Easter egg right between the eyes, at point blank range. The pictures above and below were taken right before the incident. It's funny now but at the time I would have killed anyone who laughed. Not only did it hurt like hell, but I was mad and my feelings were hurt. I know she's only 1 and didn't really know what she was doing, but still. We were both so shocked that we just stared at each other for a few minutes until we both started crying. :)
Christopher got a picture from the other angle right before she threw it. 'Scuse my early morning appearance.
Uncle Craig and Sissy got C a bubble gun which was a huge hit! It certainly has kept her entertained a lot over the last several days. Here is "Big" showing her how to use it.
Catching a bubble
Sinclair with her Easter basket, wearing a dress made by Aunt Mary
Even though it was a lot or work {and made me appreciate even more all that my mom has done over the years}, I really did enjoy hosting everyone at our house. Our menu was:
Beef tenderloin
Salad with Blue Cheese, Walnuts, Cran-Raisins, and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Creamed Spinach
Squash Casserole
Scalloped Potatoes
Sister Schubert rolls
Lemon Cake
Strawberry Shortcake
{Several people asked for the recipes so I'll post them on my recipe blog.}
I love having any excuse to use my "fine" things.
We did not get one single family picture on Sunday. But it looked an awful lot like last year. I wore the same dress and so did Curran. I am just not someone who really minds wearing the same thing over and over again. And to be perfectly honest, I actually wore the same dress on Easter that I wore the day before to a baby shower. Yep, I did. I didn't intend to, but on Sunday morning I was running so late and couldn't find anything else to wear.
Thanks, Prim! :)
Craig was luring C outside with SweetTarts.
Sinclair was giving her Uncle John lots of sweet smiles, and I was very jealous because I hadn't gotten any from her yet.
But after a little while I got some of my own! Would anyone disagree that having a new baby smile at you is one of the best feelings?!
Our neighbors, Hallett and Joe, joined us for lunch, so that was a treat! Lillian took her nap during lunch and came back over to play afterwards.
The best we could do with a pic of my whole family.
The girls practicing for Homecoming. We just need to work on their waves.
Uncle Craig and Sissy also got C a sprinkler. She LOVED it, and it may have had something to do with Craig egging her on.
She got him to run through with her.
John tried to take her outfit off because it was soaking wet, but it got stuck on her head. C didn't have time to wait to get it off and kept on playing.
Easter is my favorite holiday and it always passes much too quickly! The music at church always makes me emotional, but these words especially moved me.
Alleluia, alleluia!
Hearts to heaven and voices raise:
sing to God a hymn of gladness,
sing to God a hymn of praise;
he who on the cross a victim
for the world's salvation bled,
Jesus Christ, the King of glory,
now is risen from the dead.
Hearts to heaven and voices raise:
sing to God a hymn of gladness,
sing to God a hymn of praise;
he who on the cross a victim
for the world's salvation bled,
Jesus Christ, the King of glory,
now is risen from the dead.
Alleluia, Christ is risen!
Death at last has met defeat:
see the ancient powers of evil
in confusion and retreat:
once he died, and once was buried:
now he lives forevermore,
Jesus Christ the world's Redeemer,
whom we worship and adore.
Death at last has met defeat:
see the ancient powers of evil
in confusion and retreat:
once he died, and once was buried:
now he lives forevermore,
Jesus Christ the world's Redeemer,
whom we worship and adore.
Christ is risen, we are risen!
Set your hearts on things above:
there in all the Father's glory
lives and reigns our King of love;
hear the word of peace he brings us,
see his wounded hands and side;
now let every wrong be ended,
every sin be crucified.
Set your hearts on things above:
there in all the Father's glory
lives and reigns our King of love;
hear the word of peace he brings us,
see his wounded hands and side;
now let every wrong be ended,
every sin be crucified.
Alleluia, alleluia!
Glory be to God on high!
Alleluia to the Savior
who has gained the victory!
Alleluia to the Spirit,
fount of love and sanctity!
Alleluia, alleluia!
to the Triune Majesty!
Glory be to God on high!
Alleluia to the Savior
who has gained the victory!
Alleluia to the Spirit,
fount of love and sanctity!
Alleluia, alleluia!
to the Triune Majesty!
I hope everyone's weekend was wonderful!

























3 comments:
Mary Louis, I'm so glad to finally have a chance to see your pictures. It was obviously a wonderful family time and all of your looked so sweet and lovely (or handsome, as the shoe fits). Thanks so much for sharing with us.
I'm sorry but I did laugh at C throwing the egg, only because Zayd has thrown so many things and a lot of them have hit me! One time I was taking a nap and he came up to me and threw a book at my face (I guess he wanted to read). I was so mad, I threw it on the ground and he got upset and ran to Nick.
The pictures are wonderful. C is so cute and sassy and Sinclair is beautiful. Ya'll look so happy!
Look at that sweet girl! I just went back and looked at the pictures again. Geez - how long did I make that dress? She may be wearing it to her graduation. :)
Post a Comment