Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No news.

Still pregnant. I am trying to remind myself that the baby will be here when she is good and ready. I have waited almost 39 weeks, so I can wait a few more days. As someone at work said yesterday: I have a free babysitter right now, so I better enjoy that while I can! And I keep reminding myself how life as I know it is about to be completely flipped upside down, so I just need to enjoy these last few days of it just being John and me.


I really don't have any exciting news. Yesterday John's work had a surprise baby shower for him. It was so much fun because he was completely surprised, and we got some really nice things!! I was so touched that they went out of their way to plan such a nice day for him (and me and Curran, too of course!).

On another note, I have been completely obsessed with TV shows about birth and labor. Like, I always liked watching A Baby Story on TLC during college and graduate school when I was home during the day, but now I can't get enough of it on my day off. I will sit in front of the TV for hours just to watch all the episodes. And that show "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant"...really, it gets on my nerves because it is just so darn hard to believe that someone wouldn't know they were pregnant (or that something crazy was going on with their bodies), especially the girls that only weigh 100 lbs to begin with (how do they not develop these basketball sized bellies??), but I still love watching it! And the worst show I have to admit to liking is "Sixteen and Pregnant" on MTV. Yeah, I know, that's bad. I even have our DVR set to tape the "After Show" with Dr. Drew. John said if anyone ever saw that on our DVR, he would be mortified. But like I said, I can't get enough of watching people go into labor. How weird is that?? I guess I am just curious because although I know how things are supposed to go during labor, and I have even taken care of people in labor, really anything can happen, and I just want to be prepared. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. :)

1 comment:

Lora G said...

I have a friend with your same due date and she had her baby last Monday, ha! You're right she'll come when she's good and ready, and they say that the 38th and 39th week are good for development. Anyway, good luck, can't wait to see her pictures!!!