Monday, July 27, 2009
July 30th...
Will be Curran's birthday!! (Unless I have a ridiculously long labor!) I went to the doctor today, and they said they are going to induce me on Thursday. Initially I did not want to be induced, but at this point I will do just about anything to get this baby out. And today at work I was plotting how my begging was going to go down at the appointment this afternoon. But luckily I didn't even have to beg...the doctor is the one who suggested it! :) My blood pressure was pretty elevated (for me), and he said it was borderline for induction and there was no reason to wait, so they have me scheduled to report to the hospital at 5 am Thursday morning. My doctor is on call that day, so it will be nice if she is the one to deliver the baby. I have been so ready for this to happen, but now that it's here I'm kind of scared. I'm definitely ready to no longer to be pregnant, but to think that I will be a mother in 3 days is very scary and surreal! I guess it's just the fear of the unknown. So if you don't mind, please pray that everything will go smoothly and that Curran will be born healthy! I will be sure to post pics as soon as I can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
So excited for you. I am planning out my begging tactics for my appointment today too! :) Good luck getting ready and my prayers will definitely be with you on Thursday morning.
I'm so excited for you! Thursday is so soon! I know you are going to be such a great mom to Curran and the unknown is one of the greatest parts of motherhood-that's where the instincts come in! Best of luck on Thursday and JD and I will be praying for you, John and baby Curran for a safe delivery and a very healthy baby! I can't wait to meet her!
(I think the doctors are starting to feel sorry for pregnant mothers in July--induction dates are nice! Even if mine is still 2 weeks away)
ML! Don't be nervous! I read somewhere last week that being a parent is something you can never be 100% ready for, but it's also something you're 100% sure you can't miss!! I will be praying for you and John (and Aunt Christopher and Uncle Craig, and rest of the family) on Thursday!! I can't wait for pictures! :)
Love,
Emily
Thanks for the sweet and encouraging words! I woke up today much more excited and less nervous (although I'm sure the nerves will come back on Thursday morning)!
Post a Comment