Monday, March 23, 2009
Registering
So I will admit that registering for gifts was one of the things that I looked most forward to when I got engaged, and it was no different when we found out we were expecting. However, I had the foresight when I was registering for my finer wedding gifts (like china, silver, etc) to take my mother along and leave John at home. My mom's favorite saying to repeat is when my grandmother used to say that letting a man in on the decision making "just muddies the water" and they are better left in the dark (Christopher and I have only heard Mom repeat that about 1001 times). However, I did take John with me to Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma, which I immediately regretted later when we ended up registered for things like an egg poacher (do we even eat poached eggs??) and several of the most expensive coffee makers on the market (and at that time we really didn't drink coffee either). But I knew there was no way I could exclude John from registering for the baby (and this time I really did want him to come along!). So after we finished filling out all the necessary paper work, while the sales lady was showing John how to use the electronic gun, I excused myself to the ladies room thinking I could be back by the time she was done. Big mistake. When I wandered back up to the sales lady's desk, John was no where in sight. So I knew I was in trouble. I found him on some random aisle mid-aim at who knows what. When I asked him what all he managed to scan in the two minutes I was gone, the first thing he said was a pink, inflatable baby pool. Now what in the world do we need that for? I honestly don't remember what else he said because all I could think about was some work colleague showing up to my work shower with a tiny pink blow up baby pool thinking I really wanted that. So that started a long night of me keeping a mental tally of all the items I would have to delete later that night once we were home. Other items included about 5 of the most expensive baby monitors, complete with LCD screens nicer than our TV, tons of tacky sunhats and shoes (including shoes for boys which I later found on our registry online), bulk toilet paper and paper towels (hello, are we at Sam's???), about a million different kinds and sizes of Desitin, etc. SO, all this to say, when you look at our registry, keep in mind if you come across something random or tacky, that I had a little helper, and that half of the items on the online registry don't have pictures or descriptions, so I have no idea if I erased all of John's great finds or not! But as much fun as it was to laugh at John, I know he acts like this because he is excited, and of course that makes me happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am so excited that you joined the world of blogging! It really is addictive. And both my Mom and my sister are horrified by the things I share. Anyway, congratulations. I absolutly love your sweet little girls name, Curran is beautiful!
Post a Comment