Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 11, 2017

Sallie Cate is 5!



Well I think this might be the first time I haven't gotten a birthday post up on the girls' actual birthday. Sigh. But Sallie Cate turned 5 back on April 2! I remember being so emotional when Curran turned 5, but it didn't seem to hit me as hard this time around. Maybe because Sallie has been dying to turn 5 so she can go to kindergarten since she turned 2. :)

At her 5 year check up, she weighed 38 lbs {40th percentile} and was 42.25" tall {50th percentile}. She is definitely more "true to size" than Curran was at this age. A lot of the clothes that C wore at age 5 do not fit SC.



She continues to be such a sweet, affectionate, loving child, but whew is she hard to parent! She is a tough customer and is very strong-willed. I do feel like she is getting a tiny bit easier to deal with as she gets older, but she just does not handle being told "no" well.


She is our lover of puzzles, reading books, lovies and stuffed animals {she sleeps with about 50 at any given time}. She likes TV but not like Curran does and gets bored with it easily. She is obsessed with anything Star Wars, but has actually seen very little of any of the movies. I really don't know how the obsession started, but it's cute, so we go with it. :)


She is still really enjoying gymnastics and has continued in her advanced class. This summer it moved up to 6 hours/week, so I am 99.9% sure we won't continue in the Fall {edited to add, we are 100% not continuing it and are going back to rec class} because I think that is just way too much for a kindergartner. But she isn't doing anything else this summer, so it is fine for right now. She does want to start back up with ballet in the fall at the studio where Curran takes.



She had the best year and 4K and learned so much! I feel like she is ahead of where Curran was at this age. I'm sure part of that is having an older sister and picking up on concepts she was learning. We paid for Curran to go to private speech, and SC actually learned all the techniques from hearing us do homework and actually does better with her r's now than Curran does! :) She is able to correct herself and actually proactively corrects the r's where Curran does not at all. We need to get her back into private, but that's another blog post. She does great sounding out words and is figuring out how to start spelling certain words. I can't wait to see how much she learns in kindergarten!

We love this girl to pieces, even when she is pushing us to our wit's end! There is no one quite like Sallie Cate, and we are so thankful God blessed our family with her!

No comments: