She is 49.1" tall {25th percentile} and 55 lbs {25-50th percentile}. She is still fairly short but is more true to size now with her clothes. Much to her dismay, she is still in a 5 point harness car seat most of the time and a booster seat some of the time {depends on where we are driving and who else is in the car}.
She just started 3rd grade and is loving it so far! Thankfully she really loves school and thrives on that routine. She has a really sweet teacher, and she is doing some challenging and exciting things this year, so I can't wait to see how much she learns and grows.
She is very creative and artistic. She is constantly wanting to write, direct, and cast plays. She loves any and all art projects and just has an interesting artistic perspective with the way she sees things. She started her 6th year of ballet and will go twice a week this year. She is very excited about that! She also started ukulele lessons and is really enjoying it! She picked it up much faster than I would be able to! She will likely play softball again this Spring.
We have had our fair share of struggles this year. She loves her some TV, so that's a constant battle. It is the only screen time they have because they don't have iPads or anything like that, but she would watch it all day long if we let her! She has had some really intense sass and talking back that is about to send me over the age. And it seems that she is constantly comparing what others have {namely Sallie Cate} that she doesn't. It is completely exhausting and frustrating because neither John nor I are like that, so it's really hard for us to deal with. I am also struggling to give her the independence that I know she needs as she grows. It's hard not to be over-protective in this day and age. Just the other day I let her ride her bike to Sissy's house by herself for the first time {we were just a few minutes behind her}, and she was so excited! But the other day I made her mad and she stormed off, and then came back a few minutes later and huffed "I'm riding my bike to Sissy's. I have her call you when I get there." :) Not so fast, Sister.
She continues to have those older child tendencies- she's responsible, organized, helpful, and rarely has to be reminded to do things she is supposed to do. But she's also a perfectionist {and with that can come a fear of failure}, bossy, and prefers to be in charge. She really is a sweet, sweet child most of the time, but we still have our share of frustrations with her. But as with most things, these phases will pass quickly and we'll be onto the next thing. We are thankful for the little girl God made her to be and feel so fortunate to be blessed with her for 8 years now!
{Photos by Holland Williams Photography.}






No comments:
Post a Comment