Curran had her 6 year old well visit today, so I thought I would record her stats. She was 44 lbs {50th percentile} and 44.25 inches tall {25th percentile}. She has stayed pretty consistent with her growth over the years. Po' thing is still in a five point harness carseat, and she wants nothing more than a booster seat! That's what she wanted to ask Santa for this past year. :) I told her we could maybe talk about it when she gets to second grade. :) This is just the first of many times I have to explain to her that she may not always like my decisions but that I always have her safety and best interest at heart.
The doctor's appointment was quick and easy. Dr. D asked her what her favorite food is, and she said "Ummmm, chips and bread?" And while that is very accurate, this is also my child who devours asparagus, broccoli, hummus, yogurt, and all manner of other healthy things. Of course she tells the doctor chips and bread. It took everything in me not to interrupt and spout off all the healthy things I feed her! :)
She also told her she wanted to be a vet when she grows up. Yes, my little non-animal lover, that is the perfect occupation for you. She doesn't even give our dog the time of day. But as long as the animals are stuffed and fluffy, she will do fine.
As I'm typing this, I just realized I forgot to ask the dr about her 'r' speech impediment that is still very much present. At age 5 it is developmentally appropriate, but not at age 6. I am planning to email the speech pathologist at school but wanted to talk to Dr. D about it first. And that was the only thing I had on my list to talk about! Oh well.
I'm thankful for a healthy, happy child!
Thursday, August 20, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment