The girls both started school a week and a half ago. I was pretty much dreading it because we had a wonderful summer at home together, and I was very sad to see it come to an end. Curran was not ready to start back to school, although the idea of seeing her friends did excite her. Sallie Cate started a new preschool since I quit work and don't require an all day school. I was super nervous about how that would go, because any time someone asked her if she was excited about starting school, she would say "I don't go to school. I stay home with Mama!" And to her credit, I really didn't talk to her about her new school at all until it was time to start because I thought she was going to have a come apart about it.
Following in the footsteps of last year, I wanted to have a special day with just Curran before she started first grade. I get to spend way more time with Sallie Cate right now. So we ran some back to school errands, ate lunch, and got our nails painted. It is always nice to spend one on one time with each of my girls!
I wanted to take little happies to the teachers this year. I have never done it before, but now that I have more time on my hands, I thought it would be a nice gesture. I saw several ideas on this blog and thought the candy jars would be the easiest. I downloaded her free printable and attached them to jars I got at Hobby Lobby. Curran took hers to Meet the Teacher, and SC took hers on the first day.
Sallie Cate started school on Tuesday, so John, Curran, and I all went together to take her. We can do carpool for her, but we walked her in on the first morning. She was so excited to wear her new tennis shoes, carry her lunch box, and to see her new classroom! She did so great, and I was super proud! I started crying as soon as we got back in the car. I was just not happy to leave my baby, although she had a wonderful day! We were both very excited to see each other at pick up. :)
The cute printable was from my friend, Allison Godwin, at High Cotton Paperie. It was raining so we had to take our pictures inside. :(
They gave us a tote bag and said to let the kids decorate it, but my OCD self can't handle looking at a scribbled-on bag all year long, so I monogrammed it. :) {I have a machine; I would not have paid to have it done!}
Tuesday night we had our annual Back to School night! {I need to change the color of the letters on my banner because you can't see the white very well.} My parents happened to be in town, so we moved dinner into the dining room. I got the girls some new books, and they were only slightly disappointed they didn't get toys. :) I made our favorite lemony chicken kabobs!
Curran had her first day on Wednesday and was only slightly nervous. She was mostly very excited!
It was muggy but we got in a few outside shots in between rain drops. Don't mind all our weeds! Yikes.
After we picked Curran up, we headed to 32 degrees to get ice cream along with the rest of Mountain Brook! We saw so many friends there, so that was fun. Our school year got off to a great start, and both girls were asleep by 6:45 that night!
The school year has gotten off to a great start!!









No comments:
Post a Comment