Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Curran's Year in Ballet

As I have mentioned before, Curran switched to a new ballet studio this year. For the past two years, she took from a studio that came to her preschool. She loved it, but I wanted to go a different route, and so we switched her to a studio that is focused almost exclusively on ballet {as opposed to tap, modern, etc}, and they really work on technique. John took her every Wednesday after school, and I'm so thankful he was able to do that. I know he enjoyed that one on one time with her every week. 

They don't have a recital, which I was thankful about, but I knew Curran would be bummed because she absolutely loves recitals! They did have an end of the year performance they call Reports of Progress because they go through each skill they've learned, and at the end they did a little routine. They just wore their regular class leotards, and they added a skirt and some flowers for their hair. I'm not sure why they have the younger kids in socks as opposed to tights {maybe they think it's easier??}, and C tried to sneak in some tights for the performance, but they made her change. :) {Although another little girl had some on.}













Her little hand :)





We did end up ordering dance pics, and there were so many good poses of her standing up, so I kinda hate that they only gave me this one, but it's still cute. :) {Forgive the quality- picture of a picture}

No comments: