Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 2, 2015

Curran's Nutcracker Debut!

For two years, Curran has been talking about being in the Nutcracker! Her dance studio requires the children to be 8 years old before they can try out, but there is another local company who has parts starting at age 5. So she couldn't wait to try out! All of the 5 year olds got parts as Cherubs. They only had a handful of practices and were each in one performance, so it wasn't too intense. {Next year she will be in two performances.}

I don't have any pictures from her rehearsals because John took her to all but one, and you couldn't really see in the studio while they were practicing anyway. And of course we couldn't take pictures during the show, but I ordered a few prints from the photographer. Forgive the fact that these are pictures of pictures. 



She had to hand a cake to Clara and then curtsy to her.



Curran had quite the cheering section: us of course, Sissy, Craig, Sinclair and Becket, all of her grandparents, her best friend Lillian and her mama, our babysitter and her two girls, Sheela and Katharyn, my cousin and his little girl, my mom's friend Lynda Wright {who plays Mother Ginger in Ballet Mississippi's Nutcracker, so Curran thinks she hung the moon} and Ms. Wright's niece and great niece. I was so touched and moved by our sweet friends and family, and to say Curran was thrilled with her supporters would be an understatement. Just look at her reaction below to walking in to see her fans waiting on her.


I could have died happy right then and there. I definitely let a few tears slide. 






Sallie Cate was too busy running wild, so she didn't make the family shot. But I was proud of how well she did during the show. I was nervous because it was her first time to attend anything like that, but it went well.




Even though Curran's part was tiny, I was so proud of how seriously she took it, and she was so genuinely thrilled to be a part of it. After it was over, she immediately starting wondering what part she would get next year. :) And I can't wait!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

She is the CUTEST I have ever seen!!!!! Really love this!

Emily Ferris said...

I just love this! I so wish I could have been there. That pic of her smiling when she saw everyone & the one of her and Lillian get me every time ... SUCH JOY! Emmy loves you, Curran! :)