That Friday morning, SC had her followup ENT appt, so we got on the road around lunch time.
Hollywood rides in style.
It was a quick appt and the girls were happy they had suckers.
The drive to Memphis was long and painful. SC only slept for about 20 minutes, and we were in the car for 5 hours! We headed straight downtown to meet the rest of the Quinns who were already at BBQ fest. While we were looking for a parking spot, we saw a guy fall off his bicycle. He was right next to us, so I rolled down my window to ask if he was ok. He said yes but then I looked at his arm which was bent the wrong way. I quickly asked John to pull over and I called 911. At first I thought it was an open fracture because of the angle, but then I realized it was just a really bad break. Regardless, I stayed with him for a while waiting on the ambulance. Interesting way to start the weekend.
We finally made our way to BBQ fest, and the girls were so excited to see everyone! It was pretty chilly, which is extremely rare for mid-May, but we had a good time.
the girls with Uncle Charlie and Aunt Camille
Curran rode on Uncle Charlie's shoulders for most of the night. She was in heaven. And he bought the girls those light up pigs around their necks. :) He loves to spoil them- so sweet!
We visited with Craig's brother, Brian, for a little bit {sorry about the inappropriate shirt :) }
Somebody was wo out, but she threw on her shades for the ride home.
Saturday morning we enjoyed donuts and a lazy morning around the house.
Then the boys and Camille left for BBQ fest, and I took my girls to go visit Aunt Mary. We had a wonderful visit with her!
After we ate lunch and I got SC down for a nap, I ran some errands and then went downtown to meet everyone else. It was SO cold. I changed in to lounge pants and tennis shoes, because I was way more concerned about staying warm than looking cute.
We had so much fun getting to all hang out together! John's youngest brother Robert just got engaged to Kelly, and they are getting married in March! We are so excited!
Robert and Kelly asked the girls to be flower girls with personalized cookie cakes!
And Robert asked all the Quinn boys to be his best men with embroidered golf towels.
{P.S. I am so thankful I got married before the days of having to be creative with how you ask people to be in your wedding party! I would not be good at that.}
After brunch, we headed back to Birmingham. The drive home was much better.
We always have such a great time in Memphis! Curran will be headed back in a few weeks for some solo time with the grandparents.


















No comments:
Post a Comment