I first dropped her off there as a 12 week old, so I absolutely cannot believe that her time there is almost over. We have been so very thankful for this special school. She has developed the sweetest friendships, and has been loved on by the kindest teachers.
They had a sweet little graduation program at lunch. They had several round tables set up for the parents, and the kids just performed in front of the room. They recited the Pledge of Allegiance, sang several songs, the ballet girls performed a dance, we watched an adorable slideshow that had me in tears, and lastly, they collected their diplomas. Afterwards, we all ate lunch together.
John and I got there a few minutes early, so we caught the last few minutes of the ballet girls practicing. This is Curran with her BFF Lillian and their friend Lauren.
Christopher and Sinclair got to come, so Curran was excited!
I wished we could have dressed them in a nice dress or something, but they requested that they wear jeans because they had these shirts made. At least they turned out cute, even if they did spell Curran's name wrong. :) They didn't realize it until the night before, so they said they would order her a new one.
Saying the Pledge beside her best friends
I have all the performances on video, so no pictures from those, but they were super cute.
My little dance. Please 'scuse those tights. They are cheapos from Target that I bought for her to take to ballet, because she rips a pair about every other week. But I had no idea they had those stripey things on there. :)
Waiting to get her diploma
Getting her diploma from her teacher.
Wished we had fixed her gown before the photo. :)
Sinclair kept telling her, "Don't be shy CurCur!" during the performances.
That night after school, we had a mini celebration at home. John got her a balloon and a cookie cake, and we gave her the backpack and lunch box I had bought her for kindergarten.
I am so very proud of my big girl! She is so excited about kindergarten, and although it makes me completely nervous to turn her over to a new school where we really don't know anyone, I just pray that she is kind to everyone, confident in her abilities, and never forgets how loved and cherished she is, first and foremost by God, and secondly by her family. We love you, Curran!









2 comments:
Precious girl!
Oh my gosh! Seeing her in her cap and gown almost brings tears to my eyes! I can't believe it! She'll do great in her new school!!!
Post a Comment