Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

We headed down to Seagrove for Memorial Day Weekend. We were so excited about our first trip to the beach since New Year's. The girls had their end of the year parties that Thursday, so John went to those and took them home early from school. Of course since I was trying to leave work at a decent time, naturally it was a crazy day and I ended up leaving really late. And the drive down wasn't much fun either. After little sleep, thankfully the girls woke up in great moods Friday morning and were thrilled to be at the beach!

SC was jumping up and down.


We got dressed and walked down to Seaside for breakfast. 

Yummy waffles!


Then we walked over to the playground for a bit before heading back to the house to get ready for the beach.


Matching swim suit pics didn't go so well. This was the best I could do.

Annoyed with the picture taking.

This little ladybug detests the beach this year even more than she did last year, if that is possible. She was SO excited all week leading up to our trip. She kept saying, "I wanna go to beach! I wanna see da water!" She couldn't wait to get down there. And then. As soon as I stepped my toes in the sand she remembered she hated it and started screaming bloody murder. Notice I said "my" toes, not hers. I felt bad for her because I just wanted her to have a good time, but as John said, it made it way easier on us because she was content to just sit in our laps. At least for a little while anyway, and then she was start saying "I wanna go back upstairs."

But Curran loves the beach, thankfully, and I had so much fun watching her play. Chris and Craig didn't get there til later Friday afternoon, and my parents didn't get there until Saturday afternoon, so we really enjoyed just getting some good QT with the four of us.


I about died from the sweetness when she started skipping down the beach holding John's hand.




After naps, we walked down to Seaside for snow cones. John loved this picture. :)

Is there a Cakers under that sun hat?






Two things SC did not want to part with: that bag of Cheez Its and the bunny slippers.

We celebrated my dad's birthday on Saturday night. My Aunt Mary and Uncle Keith were in town, so we had them over for dinner and they brought cake and ice cream.


My Aunt Mary had a painting done for my dad using a picture of him with the three of us kids and my cousin Keith from when we were little. I think it was us walking down to Seaside to get ice cream {before much else was down there}. I love it!




The hose is always popular.



She at least liked the baby pool we had on the porch. :)







Such a fun {chaotic, wild} holiday weekend!!



1 comment:

Emily Ferris said...

LOVE! The painting turned out SO great!