I want to remember a few cute {to me} things she says:
*minger {finger} and for some reason she says this word a lot and it cracks me up every time.
*sip {sit}
*cold, in it? or good, in it? - {cold, isn't it?}- she says it so fast it all sounds like one word, and I'm not sure anyone besides John or me would understand it, but it's so cute! She does it when drinking something cold, eating her yogurt, washing her hands with cold water, etc. And she says "good, in it?" about almost everything.
*she says "goodness!" and pats her chest after she coughs, and she also says goodness to to other people when they cough or sneeze. :)
*'scuse me- we heard her saying this to my cousin at Becket's birthday party when she was trying to get by him, but he didn't hear her. So she just kept tapping him on the back saying "scuse me" in her sweet little voice. My mom and I were cracking up because we had never heard her say that before.
*I don't think I have ever mentioned this but half the time she calls me "Mimi" instead of mama. Mimi is what my nieces as well as some friends' kids call me, so she just kind of uses mama and mimi interchangeably.
*She calls Cooper "Buddy" and has started bossing him around a lot {like demanding he get on his bed}
*When she walks into the room, she loves to say "Hey boo-boo!" I didn't realize I called her boo-boo so much until she started doing that. :)
*She is saying "love you" a ton now and it melts my heart every time.
*She says "cah'mere" {come here} while signaling with her fingers for you to come here. The way she says it {mere has like 4 syllables} cracks me up.
She still is not saying as many sentences or long phrases as C did at this age, but we still get tickled by every new or funny thing she says.
We were setting up C's new beds and SC was using those side rails like a tight rope. Oy.
She is still my active little thing and loves climbing and doing handstands and {attempting} somersaults. She jumps on our couch, jumps on the bed, and just generally gives me heart attacks daily. She still loves to read. Her favorite thing is to swing. She begs to go outside and "wing" about 55,000 times per day.
She is very much into her routines. As soon as she finishes lunch, she wipes her mouth and says "nap!" And after dinner she does the same thing and says "bathtub!" She knows when it's time to do what. I think I mentioned this last month but she now cries when going down for naps and bed, no matter how tired she is. She can be saying nap and pointing to her bed one second but she will still cry as soon as I put her down. Thankfully it doesn't last long, though. She still has her paci, but I have got to come up with a plan for when to get rid of it {insert panic-face emoji here}. She has been going to bed later this past month, unfortunately. She never goes down before 7, and usually it's between 7:30 and 8:00. I hate it but on nights I work, we just get home so late that it's impossible to get her down any earlier. I would love to have her in bed no later than 7 every night. She's in this very annoying phase of boycotting her high chair when we are out to eat. She only wants to sit in my lap to eat, so of course I get covered in food. And at home she only sits in her booster seat about half the time. The rest of the time, she insists on sitting in a big chair, which normally I wouldn't mind, but the seat bottoms are covered in fabric so they are getting filthy.
{Someone snuck her an itty bitty baby paci when she was over at Sissy's house}
We took her {and Curran of course} to the circus this month. It was the first thing we've taken her to that requires her sitting {relatively} still. She did ok for most of the first half, but the second half was pretty brutal. She just does not have the attention span that C did at this age. Curran was 18 months when we took her for the first time and she did great almost the whole time! I took C to her first movie a couple of months after she turned two, and I cannot imagine doing that any time soon with SC!
As I mentioned in my last post, she LOVES for Curran to do certain things for her. She copies everything C does. She has started asking for "Sister" as soon as she wakes up. They still do their fair share of fighting, but they also love each other tremendously and laugh so hard at one another. There is nothing that makes me happier than their out of control giggles.
I think it's time for Sister to get some professional help with her mullet.
{I think the lack of expression was due to being frozen.}
Happy 22 months, Sallie Boo! No matter how old you get, you will always be my precious baby!










No comments:
Post a Comment